The downfall

Rena was helping assist the ninja with the crystal kings invasion. But little did they know. She was badly wounded after the bounty crashed. She knew the consequences if she did fight in this condition. But still wanted to help. She got up. Feeling pain in both her arm and her left leg. Her arm merely gave a slight pinch of pain from the impact. But her leg felt sprained. When in fact it was cut. When she walked she hissed in pain. But her main priority was to help them. She then heard the crystal soldiers she quickly hid as she saw Aspheera. "Spread out and find the ninja. They're close by. They couldn't have gotten far." As she heard this she backed away slowly. Luckily she didn't get caught. As Rena snuck away she suddenly felt someone grab her. It was her sister Riza. "I thought you were dead! Don't scare me like that!" Rena only laughed as Riza looked down to see her leg and immediately gasped. "What? What's wrong?" Riza only stood there in shock. Rena looked down to find her leg was bleeding. No wonder it hurt. The cut was deep. Riza then shook their head as they then cleared their throat. "You need to get medical attention on you're leg. It will hurt more if you continue trying to fight." Riza then helps her by her arm over her shoulder. After awhile of avoiding crystal zombies. Rena and Riza stood outside of the hide out. "When does the news sleep?" Riza only groaned and sighed. Rena tilted her head in confusion. "Never.." the door then opens as they went in. And the door closes. Rena is amazed how many survivors there are.. but she was glad to see her mom and brother. As soon as her brother Nickolas saw her he immediately hugged her. Rena hissed in pain as it caused her to lean on her bad leg. Rena is then taken to wu. After disinfecting it and patching it up. He then sighs. "How did this happen?" Rena then looked at her leg as she began to explain. "When the bounty was struck down... my leg got under the remains... and I didn't notice until Riza literally looked at it.." wu then looked at her Mother Stella. Then back to her. "Well I'm sorry.. but you can't fight in you're current state." Rena froze as she heard him say that. Couldn't fight at all? With... "no no. You can do something about it right?" Wu shook his head. Rena was in utter disbelief and shock. She thought wu would be able to help. But can't. She then feels tears roll down her face. Thinking of how she failed to protect those who were infected. As soon as she wu was about to say something. The door opened in came Lloyd and Garmadon. As soon as Lloyd saw Rena. His blood went cold. He rushes up to her as he saw her injured leg. "Are you alright? What happened? Where were you?!" So many questions. Yet little answers. As wu would then interrupt him. "She's unable to fight. She has a rather.. large cut upon her leg..." He the only hugged her. Rena only hugged him back. Saying apology after apology. For failing to protect the people she swore to protect.

Some time went by...

As the other ninja were focused on the battle with everyone. They obtained they're dragon forms. Meanwhile Rena is up in the crystal palace luckily her powers allowed her to teleport. But using it would require some of her energy. And doing it while she has a injured leg. Is worse than she anticipated. As she came upon the scene of Garmadon and Lloyd. She saw him... in Oni form? She immediately ran over to him. "LLOYD!" Lloyd immediately turned to her. His face suddenly turned from anger to fear. "Rena? No! GET OUT OF HERE!" Lloyd would say as he tries to control himself. "Lloyd? Are you al- AGH!" She'd then feel a wave of pain through her body as the overlord blast her. "What a pleasant surprise.. you're friend came to help..." Lloyd look over in anger. Still in his Oni form. "LEAVE HER OUT OF THIS!" The overlord laughed. "Don't tell me. This is the one you choose to care for? Tell me.. what's it like to break her heart?" Lloyd froze as he heard the overlord's words. "H-How did you-..." he laughed again. "Don't you see... I know all negative things when they're presented to me.. especially now..." Lloyd's anger grew. Harumi then throws her sword towards the overlord. Distracting the overlord. "GET HER OUT OF HERE! I'LL TAKE HIM!" Lloyd then takes Rena and quickly takes cover from the overlords next blast. "You shouldn't have came here! How stupid could you be?!" Lloyd said as Rena struggled against his grasp. His Oni form having four arms makes it difficult for her to escape. "I can cause I wanted to help. Not- Gah!" Suddenly a crystal blasted in their direction. Causing Lloyd to revert back to him human form. But caught on to the edge and grab her hand. "Shit!" Lloyd said as he tried to pull them both up. Rena looked down. It was a long way down. But. If the overlord found him like this... "Lloyd..." Rena said in a calm tone of voice. "Don't worry! I'll get you out of here. I prom-!" Rena then interrupted him mid sentence. "No! Don't make that promise! Lloyd.. you have to trust me ok." Lloyd then looked down at her. "What?" She smiled at him. "I'm able to do one more teleport. So we can make it back up there!" Lloyd's eyes then widened. "ARE YOU CRAZY YOU'LL DIE IF YOU GO BACK UP THERE WITH THE INJURY YOU GOT!" Rena only looked at him with determination. "Trust me!" She then lifted her other hand to grasp his hand. And teleported them back up there. Rena sat there tired. Lloyd concerned on what to do. He then lifts her up bridal style. And quickly puts her somewhere he believes she will be safe. "Ok.. just stay here and rest. You need you're strength. Ok?" Rena only nodded before passing out. To recover her energy. He then runs out and attacks the overlord again. Harumi helping out. "You're only stalling the inevitable! You wouldn't understand." Lloyd only focused defeating him so he could help Rena out of here. But little did he know. That he accidentally allowed him to see where he hid her. The overlord grinned as he then passed Lloyd to go after her. As soon as Lloyd realized he immediately gone after him. But the over lord had a grasp upon her. Rena was still unconscious. "Would you look at this... it appears you haven't taken her to "safety" yet... HAHAHA" Lloyd only froze dead in his tracks. The overlord then holds her over the edge. "Now... little ninja... tell me. What do you wish to say before I let her slip through my grasp. Harumi didn't know what to do. Nor did Lloyd. All he did was look at Rena. Rena had opened her eyes only to realize what is happening. All she did was smile. She wasn't able to teleport. She didn't have enough energy. All she did was look at Lloyd and smiled. "No? How sad... therefore. A unwanted toy. Is to be disposed of." Lloyd immediately took action and sprinted towards them. Tears welling up. Rena had said something. Her lips moving but Lloyd too focused on saving her. He lost his father. He can't lose her now! The overlord then dropped her. And without hesitation he jumped after her. Leaving both Harumi and the overlord shocked. Lloyd then tries to reach out for her but cannot reach her. The distance was too great and they were falling faster then ever. But before he could grab her hand. He was lifted up by a light. "NO!" He cried out. Seeing her continue to fall. He only closed his eyes not wanting to see what happens next. He then looks up to we're the overlord was. And immediately knew he had to put a stop to him. For the people of ninjago! For his father! For her...

After the battle. He reunited with the ninja hoping they had Rena safe and sound. The ninja didn't know where she was. When Lloyd looked over the roof. He then looked down to see something he feared.. something he never wanted to see. "No... no no no no!" He then gone down and went to her. Her lifeless body splattered with blood from her head. She must have hit her head first in the impact. Lloyd shook her crying. As his friends came down. And we're shocked and terrified. To see her like this. Nya cried. Jay couldn't believe it. Kai looking away in disbelief. Cole sad and angry. Harumi. Gone up to him. "Hey! Hey! Rena? You're ok right? Stop... STOP PRANKING ME THIS ISNT FUNNY." He yelled. Her face motionless.  Her body not moving. Lloyd held her close putting his ear to her chest to hear a pulse... but... there wasn't one... "Lloyd.. I'm so sorry... but.. I believe she's-." Lloyd only cried into her. Letting his emotions lose. "NO! WAKE UP!" He cried out his tears staining her bloody gi. His hands and golden gi now covered in her blood. He sat there crying with her in his arms. Not wanting to let go.

A week later.

Everyone is at the ceremony. Expect for Lloyd. He lays in his room. Looking at an old photo. His condition worsens more by the day. His tears running dry. His expression only cold. He closes his eyes. As he wishes things could've ended differently...