five

Warmth

Warmth.

That's what woke me up.

It was like I was laying in a fuckin sauna.

I stirred slowly, stretching out my legs with a light groan from the back of my throat.

When my eyes opened, I was momentarily confused by my surroundings. My tent was definitely not light blue.

But then I felt a small arm tighten around my waist.

Bliss.

She was fucking spooning me. Her face was pressed into the back of my shoulder and the whole skin of her front was stuck to the skin on my back. I could feel her warm even exhales dampening my skin.

She was why I was so fuckin warm. The hair at the nape of my neck was seriously damp with sweat. It was like sleeping next to a damn space heater. She literally radiated heat like she had the sun trapped under her skin.

Normally, something like that would've had me jumping out of bed and ditching whoever I was with so fast. The last several years had been filled with club whore after club whore. We both came, they said thank you, and they left. They didn't stay the night. I wasn't a cuddler. I definitely wasn't the stick-around-in-the-morning-and-have-pillow-talk kind.

I couldn't even give a reasonable explanation as to why I had chosen we were going to stay the night together. It was like the moment I laid eyes on her I stopped being able to properly and realistically sort through my thoughts. Instead I was just acting impulsively like a fucking teenager.

I didn't even act like this when I was a teenager.

Fuckin Bliss.

What a fitting name.

I really hadn't even planned on fucking her in that bathroom. I just wanted to wait out the rain. But while she stood there with her wide honey brown eyes that gave away her every single thought and desire, she did it in my jacket.

Dripping wet and needy right in front of me, in my fucking cut.

I couldn't remember another time where my heart actually raced like it did while I was looking at her.

I definitely had never allowed anyone to wear my cut before.

I wondered if she even knew what it meant in club life. If she knew that allowing my cut to be on her shoulders meant she was calling herself mine. Technically my property but I never looked at it like that. That was my father's law.

I thought about the brotherhood. About my family. I wondered if she knew anything about club life. What would she think when she did find out?

I tried to push that thought away as quickly as it came. She wouldn't think anything when she found out because she wasn't going to find out. I was gonna spend the next couple weeks buried inside of her and then I would say goodbye and never see her again.