Chapter 4: Idea

Another day, exactly the same as before, and the day before that, and even the day before that too. But things weren't actually the same: I had Ella and Wyatt in my life and things were finally looking up for me. My life would get better and better over the course of the next few years too.

Everything starts with an idea, and, well, my idea was to, post-graduation, take a gap year before college and possibly travel the country and visit people. It seemed like a delusion to be honest. At that point in time, I didn't even have my license yet and I was unemployed (#brokehoe). However, I was determined. So I got on top of my driving sessions, I bagged a summer job and worked often to build up a fund for my plan after graduation, and I shared my idea with my parents to see what they thought and if they could help me reach my goal. Finally, after working hard for almost two years straight, I succeeded in getting enough funds for my trip.
I shot Ella a text and told her that I would be heading out for Florida soon. Ella was just about to enter highschool, but first, it was summer break. For two years she did online school but she was finally returning. I could tell she was kind of excited but also really nervous and I really don't blame her; highschool is brutal, but I think she will do just fine. On the other hand, Wyatt had, a little while ago, finished college and was ready to pursue his career. They both finally had reached big turning points in their lives and I could tell things were about to get better for both of them. In the meantime, I get to spend a whole summer with my best friend in the world.