🌌 The Lord Consumeth

Suggested by: craftydevvil (sorry this took so long)

Characters: Void Reaver(x2), Fallen critters, a few certain titans as youths…

Canon?: Yes

Ships?: N/A

TW: Ritual Palm Cutting(minor), Character Death, Graphic Depictions, Cannibalism
CW: This is a long boy…😟, half way through it starts looking like a crackfic but it's not, EPITHETS.

A tale of two brothers takes a turn as they grow to have separate ideals.

–lol–

He awoke to the feeling of sand pelleting his tough, rocky shell. Slowly he lifted his clawed hand to protect his face, only to find out the limb was stuck under something.. or someone. Wearily, he peeled open an eye, his gaze settling on a sleeping creature, his own arms curled around it.

He quickly pulled his hands away, shaking the stinging, staticy feeling out of them. As quick as he could, he jolted, nearly standing before falling on his rear.

The little beast winced, waking up from the sudden jostling. The one who was completely aware took the short amount of time before the creature fully awoke to examine it. The colors of its rocky pelt consisted of deep blacks and rich purples. Its six eyes blinked awake, revealing a luminous purple once hidden by its eyelids. The creature stretched, letting out a crackling yawn, before slowly turning to the more awake of the two. Its eyes widened, making a move to crawl away before it fell on its face.

The fully awakened one rushed to the creatures side, nearly tripping on his own stiff legs. It feels like he hasn't moved since forever. When he reached the creature, only tripping twice within the five feet he ran, he lifted it with weak arms, setting it in a sitting position.

He tried to speak calming words to the creature but croaked, coughing against the ash-filled wind. His throat was cracking and dry, his tongue fell flat in his mouth against the words he hoped to croak up.

The duo of beasts simply stared at each other, unknowing of what to do or say, or if they could even say anything.

The standing one looked out across the barren lands.

Aside from the black sand that made up the world, there was nothing but the little beast and the dancing ashes. 

Nothing but them and the world.

–lol–

The older of the two- he at least thinks he's the older of the two- watches the younger one build up pillars of black sand. Of course, due to the planet's gravity they never stood long. Yet, the little creature seemed determined to stand them up. The older of the two would help when he could, but the younger seemed more than independent, even swatting him away sometimes! So, adhering to the little one's wishes, he built his own little pillars. Of course, due to the fact he seemed to have more cognitive function, his own structures turned out better off than the younger titans.

The older of the two continued his building before he felt a little body wrap around himself. Looking down he saw the younger one staring at his hands as he worked on the small sand structures. He paused his creating process, looking back on the little ones' creations. He sighed, seeing that the smaller ones creations had all slumped over back into piles of black sand. He gently pried the younger from himself, before leading it back to its own creations. It stared up at him as he sat down with it, croaking up little garbled words of an unknown language,

"H..ere.. Wa…tchshhh..." His voice crackled like an old record, his words broken and improper. He shaped the black sand into a cylinder, pressing his hands against it, packing it tightly together. He looked at the younger one, waiting for him to follow his steps.