Transformations, Literal, and Otherwise.

[April 22nd: 2.am]

CLICK!

"Hi, this is Taeko. I'm still settling into my new digs, so I'm either working, out foraging for food, or doing Spider-Man stuff that got me covered in a pile of debris. I'll get back to you when the dust settles"

"Hey Taeko it's me, I woke up early but I didn't see you in bed, just letting you know we've got our appointment at 11, please don't miss it. I don't think Ms. Oze would want to reschedule, again. Love you, and please don't do anything stupid, again."

Into the ashen night sky, Taeko swung past buildings with nothing but his suit and phone. As of recently, he liked to swing around during the early parts of the morning when he could be left alone with his thoughts. Amid the starry night, Taeko moved above quiet streets without any destination in mind, only needing to get up and out to ease his restless mind. Ever since he started living with his new family, there was an itch in his mind that he couldn't scratch. Every day a new invisible stressor arose, whether it came from his life as Spider-Man or Taeko, there seemed to be fewer moments to breathe. As Taeko swung past a vacant bridge, he took a watch the moonlight glistening down on the lake beneath, smiling at how peaceful the world could be.

"Just...out. I don't even care where I go. I just want to go...out. And I'm not gonna stop until I get tired" Taeko thought, allowing unadulterated dialogue to privately roam his mind and get to the root of developing feelings. He gripped one hand on a single webline while the other held secured small earbuds into his ears, thus allowing calming jazz to accompany his journey.

Before embarking on this impromptu stroll, Taeko spent hours trying to fall asleep, however, nothing worked. His day prior wasn't particularly eventful, but that didn't mean it was easy either. "Unfortunately, it takes a real lot to make me tired. by that time I could be in Yokohama. Do I even know anyone there?"

"And there's one other thing..." Taeko continued to think while struggling to secure his phone inside a makeshift backpack made from his webs. "When I designed this suit, why the heck didn't I design it with pockets? Anything I carry, I gotta carry it in a web pouch. I bet Deku has pockets. Amajiki's pockets alone are huge. But that's because he has to keep a bunch of food with him. Or maybe he's just real happy to see his girlfriend..."

Taeko noticed a large building near the end of a shopping district blocked off by yellow tape and cones. He stuck his boots onto the side of a building before strolling toward a cracked window, peering inside before crawling in. The interior was completely trashed and nearly empty of any signs of life or care, making it the perfect place for Taeko to let loose.

"'Course if I had pockets, stuff would fall out of them every time I did this. Okay, so maybe I could have pockets with zippers. Velcro maybe. Yeah, that'd work... I'd be creeping up behind someone and have to get something out then...zzzzzzzzzip!" Taeko sighed, tapping his foot against the floor in order to feel for the structural foundation, upon finding the most hollow point, he plotted what to do next.

"What's that smear on the wall mommy?" Taeko thought while trying his best to mimic a young girl with the voice in his head.

"That used to be Spider-Man, honey."

"What killed him?

"A zipper. Some said it was velcro, but the Daily Directive said it was a zipper. And I believe the Directive."

"Wow, he musta been real stupid, huh?"

"Yes honey, he was."

Taeko sighed, reeling back his past as he approached a brick wall near the west staircase of the building. He swung it forward it a considerable amount of strength, shattering the entire plating and bursting his hand into the frigid air outside. "And why the heck am I thinking about pockets anyway? because it's easier than thinking about my own life? and why should that bother you, Taeko?" He asked himself, tightening his fists and slamming them at the floor below, breaking it and causing it to fall down below. He leaped upward and stuck onto the ceiling above, containing his rampage on the defenseless building.