The Dream Team

Blood. Bodies. Bullets.

Three aspects always followed villainous endeavors, yet they were always unexpected. Hammerhead stood above piles of lifeless bodies, scoffing as he scrubbed droplets of blood clean off his suit. The Don leader meeting had gone poorly enough to warrant the usage of clean-up crews to dispose of the massacre on a short budget, Hammerhead loved efficient cheap labor to exploit.

[The Previous night]

With most of the city pre-occupied with the Billboard Awards, the heads of the city's crime families took this night to meet without the worry of heroes busting them at any given moment. Opting to meet up at an abandoned warehouse on the opposite side of town, only the top members of the hierarchy were allowed to attend. On the second floor, there were over a dozen criminals present while the round table in the center seated three highly influential bosses. Tensions ran within the dimly lit room, but no one present elected to show signs of it.

"I believe it is time to begin this summit." Spoken by a man with dark chalky grey skin. His white hair was slicked up naturally and made it easier to notice beedy yellow pupils staring back at you. The man in the subject was named Tombstone, at least to the common criminal, as very few actually knew his true name. Tombstone was the head boss in the criminal world, and no one dared stand against him. "Our third party has shown no sign of arriving."

"Now now... don't start getting angsty. I had something important to attend to." The door creaked open to reveal a man donning a stylish brown overcoat with a long line of purple feathers stretched on top of his shoulders. Each step forward brought the dim overhead light to better illustrate his pristine mask dropped around his mouth.

Behind him was a small entourage of uniformed members sharing black and purple attire, with smaller plague masks covering parts of their faces. Once the leader sat down the rest of the villains acknowledged his presence with stares and looks of disgust, as everyone believed that Kai Chisaki had died years ago.

"You're all acting like you've seen a ghost." Overhaul spoke. His voice was clearly weak and the trail end of his words croaked just loud enough to echo around the dusty space.

"Maybe we are." Hammerhead retorted, before twirling his toothpick around his mouth. He acted as Tombstone's right-hand and trusted bodyguard, with enough humbling and teachings to be loyal enough to devote complete servitude. He scowled at the former Shie Hissakai member, clearly not intimidated or too knowledgeable of who the old Yakuza leader was or what he's done. "You got some real steel calling us out here, so spill."

"So formal." Overhaul remarked. He snapped his fingers for one of his goons to scurry over and drop a case on the table. The rest of the crime bosses raised an eye, getting ready to fight or retreat if the contents inside were deadly. The locks clicked open and propped open the top half to reveal a large stack of cash alongside three gleaming red capsules of liquid. "I'll skip the filler. I'm sure you're all aware of what these are?"

"Quirk erasers." Tombstone spoke as his arm extended outward to inspect one. He did so after a reassuring nod from Overhaul. "Quite an interesting relic you've brought. I hope you didn't plan on buying over our services with this."

Quirk-erasing tools weren't as valuable or rare these days, seeing as counteracting cures were being readily developed.

"That and a little extra." Overhaul replied. "I'm getting back into this whole game after... my sudden absence. I know you're all claiming to hold power over scattered territories, but I can tell when disorganization and breakdown are near."

"You callin' us faulty?" Hammerhead snorted while cracking his knuckles.

"In many ways, yes. But with me helping guide you all, the underground world can become our new enterprise. You old timers think too small by wanting to control society, or at least that small social structure you wish to grip onto. There's no sustainability in taking over a world that believes in fighting back. Believe me, the rewards don't come out as fruitful as you'd believe."