•-Chapter 26-•

•-Y/n POV-•

•———————————————————————•

"Patrick was fine yesterday, and he died overnight. Two people died that quick? We'll have to separate everyone that's been exposed" Carol says. I nod. "It must have all started somewhere in the middle of the night. A lot of them died. Shit, I almost did too, I agree with Carol, we have to separate them or who knows what could happen the next time this whole little flu shit kills someone" I say. Glenn looks over at me and squints his eyes, I'm never gonna hear the end of it from him.

"That's everyone in the cell block, that's all of us, maybe more" Daryl says.

"We know that this sickness can be lethal, we don't know how easily it spreads. Is anyone else showing symptoms that we know of?" Hershel says. Now that I think about it. I don't really pay enough attention to these people. Patrick, Sasha, Tyreese, and the kids are the only ones I've ever payed attention to.

"We can't, just wait and see, there's children, it isn't just the illness. If people die they become a threat" Carol says. I nod. "The kids should be quarantined somewhere away from the adults, they've been around Patrick, but none of them show any symptoms that Patrick did. I'll have C/n (younger) guard the kids and make sure none of them turn" I say. "We need a place for them to go, they can't stay in D. We can't risk going in there to clean it up" Hershel says. This isn't looking good for us. It's been a long time since this whole thing has started. Sometimes I forget just how deadly sickness can be without modern medicine.
We're pinned. If people keep dying, this whole place will be overrun by our very own people. I'd hate to think like this, but I think we should kill those who are sick. I'm not saying I'll do it, but I'll bring it up with Rick. I know he probably won't like the idea, but times are desperate. We don't even know how to treat this flu.

"We can use cell block A" Carol suggests. "Death row? I'm not sure that's much of an upgrade" Glenn pitches in. "It's clean, that's an upgrade, think that'll work for Dr. S?" Daryl says.

"I'll help Caleb get it set up" Hershel says.

Just then we all hear a woman coughing. Oh shit, the fucking flu didn't die with Patrick and the other dude. We all turn our heads, then getting up to check out who's coughing.

As we peak out the door we see Tyreese walking with Karen. "You okay?" Tyreese asks her. She nods, humming in response.

"You sure? You don't sound so good" Carol says, walking into the hall. They turn around. "I'm just taking her back to my cell so she can get some rest" Tyreese says. "Tyreese, I don't think that's a good idea" Hershel says. Karen starts to look at Tyreese, a small look of panic in her eyes.

"Why? What's going on now?" Karen asks frantically. We exchange a few awkward glances each other. It's narrows down to just me and Glenn. "You tell them, you're the man of this relationship, grow a pair" I say crossing my arms. He groans.

"We think it's a flu or something, that's how Patrick died" Glenn explains shortly. "There, I expect something in return, like an explanation" he whispers as Hershel continues to talk with them. I sigh. "Yeah I'll explain later, but let's get through this first" I say. I honestly don't know what I did, I just need him to focus on the task at hand.

"David from the Decatur group, he's been coughing too" Karen says. "I'll get him. There's some empty clean cells in the tombs right?" He says. "Yeah we'll meet you there" Sasha says as he makes his way out of the room.