•-Chapter 42-•

•-Glenn POV-•

•———————————————————————•

     Just a little recap.

     Me and Nicholas got surrounded on a dumpster. Nicholas didn't believe we were going to make it and shot himself. I tried to convince him not to, but it was too late.

     "Heads up!" I hear a voice call out from above me. A little after I turn around I hear a bottle break on the ground. Water.

     "Shit. I said heads up" Enid says before going the other way. "Enid?" I call out to her, not able to see her.

     I climb up into the building that she was in and took a look around the place. What is she doing out here? I don't remember her coming out with us.

     "Enid. What are you doing out here?" I call out, taking every step carefully.

     "There's another water bottle in the corner. Take it and go" she says back. Take it and go? What's going on here? Don't tell me the walkers got into Alexandria.

     I walk towards the corner, drinking the water bottle that was laid on the floor.

     "You're not gonna answer me?" I ask. She answers with a quick 'no'. "What happened in Alexandria?" I ask, she doesn't respond. "We heard that sound, the gunfire" I explain, but still no answer. "Enid" I say sternly.

     "What happened is what always happens. People died" she says, only making me more worried. I hope Y/n and B/n are okay.

     "The Herd broke through the walls?" I ask, going more into depth. "What herd?" Enid asks, sounding genuinely confused.
     If it wasn't a herd that caused all that gunfire, then what did? Now I'm thinking two things. Someone died inside the walls and started infecting more people, or Alexandria was attacked.

     "The walkers. They broke out of the quarrt early. We got on them, but that sound, the air horn. What was that?" I ask, the feeling of fear erupting all over my body.

     "It was people, you should go" Enid says, confirming my theory.

     "My husband and son, Y/n and B/n. Are they okay?" I ask, receiving no answer. I call out her name, repeating my previous question, but still no answer.

     I run out the building, trying to find her.

     I spot her running away from the building. Come on Enid, don't make this hard for me.

     I chase after her, or at least try to. I didn't see which way she went after she ran in the bushes. I just want to know if my family is okay, and she's really worrying me right now. Y/n and B/n are fine, I repeat to myself.

     As I turn through the little town I find a Walker. Slouched up against a gate. I find a toilet paper roll on the ground with some writing on it.
'Betsy my love if you are reading this it's because I didn't make it'

     I take a moment to think about my family. What if I come back to something like this? What if I come back and it's too late?
     Now I have to find Enid.

     After a long while of searching, I finally found her. I sneak up behind her when I see her distracted by the walkers outside and put my hand over her mouth to silence her from making any noise.