01: REDEMPTION.

2 years later.
Broxville, New York.

"I don't want you going anywhere for the next three days. Shit hot outside right now, so we laying low." Zion tall structured physique was flaunting as he carried the heavy box of decorations, placing it on the floor of their freshly built new three million dollar modern home. It was architected the way Divine had exactly wanted. They had been building it for about seven months now, it had finally finished conveniently just in time around the incident that occurred in their previous home.

Divine looked in awe around her new palace. She couldn't had cared less about whatever Zion was trying to control on her. This wasn't new to her.

Two weeks ago, Divine was finally able to let loose for her twenty-third birthday. Oaklynn and Anani had hosted a trip for her to Dubai as a surprise. Divine was suffering on the inside being in an unplanned marriage she wasn't satisfied with. So Oaklynn took it upon herself to get her out the house, after convincing Zion to let her out of course.

Her third night there and Zion was home, sleep peacefully until gunshots fired through their home. Zion knew immediately someone was on his head. He made it out okay but this wasn't just a random drive-by preformed on him, they wanted him dead and they had made the message clear.

Zion figured it was the same person that had to kill Black. He assumed someone wanted the whole entire Cartel down. Divine made small moves of the cartel as she healed from the death of her father and agony of an unplanned marriage. Zion was the man in charge, he called the shots of the Billion dollar cartel as they managed their clean money by establishing restaurants, boutiques, gyms etc. Money was never an issue for the young couple.

Divine handled the businesses. Zion handled the cartel.

It was the only thing that kept them sane and getting along, somewhat.

"I was going to a baby shower with Oaklynn, you can't do your lockdown any other time? Let me at least get dropped off by the guards to her house." Divine finally spoke as she remembered what she had planned.

"Nah, cant risk it. Something not right for niggas to have the address to our old house. So, make yourself at home." Zion said with a monotone. "Tell the chef what you want to eat, no ordering food. Cant risk getting tracked." He said referring to the fact they had just settled in.

Divine looked at her "husband" in disgust. She was twenty-three years old, just lost the only parent she truly had and was being controlled by an arranged marriage. Sometimes, Divine found herself mad at her father for his will. She knew everything was in her best interest but she couldn't give a single fuck about what others thought for her best interest. She was too young. Divine's whole life felt planned out.

"You don't ever get tired of this life, Zion?" Divine sat down on their new white sofa which chrome accents here and there as far as decorations. Divine like things simple but yet aesthetically clean and classy. She glared at him, waiting for him to answer as it was a short pause.

Zion did a sarcastic chuckle as he sat in front of her, staring at her back. He was getting tired of this conversation. Two years into a forced marriage and neither were happy.

The only thing that kept them together was; Black's will.

The only way for Divine and Zion to survive, were to get
married. Black knew he had five million on his head, he knew his death was coming. He wanted Zion to protect his daughter by any means necessary. He wanted to make it hard as possible for them to leave each other, he always thought that two heads was better than one. He also thought, behind every great man was an even better woman.