02: WHATS DONE IN THE DARK...

It was three days after their "lockdown.", Zion had finally felt as if the cost was clear for them to get back to their normal lives. Divine didn't enjoy sitting inside, doing nothing. She was fully against playing stay-at-home wife to Zion. With Divine being the CEO of the Banks organization, working with the businesses in her name kept her mind stimulated. It gave her something more to do than mourn. Divine loved the business world. She loved the authority and the willpower she held. Divine was very disciplined, her businesses were her babies.

Zion stayed back at home, as usual. Divine never allowed him to come along when it came to the clean money of the cartel. The clean money was her thing.

As for Zion, he was still laying low, so he wasn't making any big moves with the cartel as of right now. He wanted to see if someone was going to repeat the drive by even though the false couple had moved. So, he wanted to break the house in. He felt as if he was setting a mouse trap for his opps. Paranoia took over him.

Zion sat in his man-cave that he had build in the basement of the home. It was his get away from anything that annoyed him. It was also almost a safe room for him, mentally and physically.

"Mr.Banks, you have a guest." An medium loud intercom buzzed into the room, instantly notifying Zion.

"I wasn't expecting anybody," Zion raised his eyebrow as he glared at his gun collected, firearms hung upon his walls. Each one had a name according to Zion.

"Anani." The guard simply replied, not wanting to say too much of his bosses business.

"Send her in." Zion muttered before easing his mental guard. He assumed today was going to the day he would get into part two of his shoot out with the mysterious men, but it wasn't.

Two minutes later, Anani creeped into the room softly. Anani had a sad look upon her face. Her soft and brown skin glowed angelically as she wore a snug fitted skims set. Anani's hair were braided into long and near knotless braids. She was a simple but yet attractive girl.

"What's up with you? You haven't returned my calls. You call me any time you want some pussy but you go ghost on me whenever you and Divine get into it? Why you project your frustrations onto us, Zion?" Anani instantly began to poor out her emotions, not being able to hold them in anymore. Anani had missed Zion warm body next to hers. "Then you got her a new house?" She looked around, taking in their new aesthetic.

"Anani, I told you how shit was from day one. You don't have to fuck me if you don't want to but yet you do. You know I'm Divine's husband and you're her friend. Me and Divine don't have feelings for one another but me and you? We're not together either." Zion said bluntly. He began walking out of the man-cave, signaling Anani to follow him. He didn't want to be near any guns around an emotional woman.

"Divine?" Anani followed him down the hallways of his home. "She doesn't want you. Trust me, I know. You wasn't saying this when we started fucking? What's changing?" Anani genuinely asked, she was confused.

Anani and Zion had began having sexual relations about a year ago. Zion wasn't the type of man that never went without sex, which Divine wasn't giving him. Divine had made it clear plenty of times that they would never sleep together and that she didn't even enjoy their wedding kiss.

Anani has always found Zion attractive, even when they were all teenagers. Anani, Oaklyn and Divine had all grew up together as each of their fathers were apart of the Banks drug organization. Oaklyn and Divine had known each other since they were four years old, the two shared a deep sisterhood. As for Anani? Anani's dad didn't join the cartel until she was thirteen years old. She had always felt left out of Divine's and Oaklyn's friendship. Before Anani's father joined the cartel, they were flat broke. Anani was from Harlem, New York.