FIVE

1993Queens, New York [Jamaica Estates]

1993
Queens, New York
[Jamaica Estates]

LARISSA

Rolling her eyes at the sound of the doorbell, Larissa set her magazine down beside her on the bed and got up. She quickly grabbed her black silk robe off the chair beside her dresser, wrapping it around her petite body before making her way down the stairs of her big beautiful home that she shares with Omari.

Larissa slightly pulled back the curtain covering the door window, revealing Jahkai. She unlocked and opened the door, with her eyes immediately trailing down to the backpack he was holding in his hand.

"What's good, Riss? Omari here?"

Larissa looked him up and down, trying to hold herself back from giving him a look of distaste. She examined his outfit which consisted of a plain black t-shirt and some black jeans along with a pair of dirty adidas on his feet. Larissa always thought Jahkai was a good looking man, but the way he dressed was a huge turn off to her. Actually, any man who couldn't dress half as good as Omari was a complete bum to her.

But not everyone was as rich as Omari and Larissa. They could afford everything they ever wanted with all the money Omari brought in. Larissa never understood why Jahkai and Malik didn't want the same thing.

"He's out right now, but you can come in." Larissa said, finally snapping out of her thoughts. She stepped aside to let him in the house and locked the door before leading him to the living room.

"I just came to drop this cash off." Jahkai stated as he took a seat on the black leather couch.

Larissa raised an eyebrow while she watched Jahkai unzip the bag. "Didn't Omari give you that shit just a few days ago?" She asked, curious as to how Jahkai was able to sell all that weed in only 4 days.

Jahkai nodded in response as he continued to stack the money on the coffee table in front of him. "You know when this nigga gonna be home? I gotta get to work soon, but I need my cut from this first."

"I'll count it for you." Larissa insisted since this wouldn't be the first time she's done Omari's job for him. Jahkai was already aware of this, so he allowed her to proceed.

"How'd you sell everything so fast?"

Jahkai leaned back into the couch and shrugged. "Niggas love weed." He chuckled.

Larissa giggled with her eyes still on the money as she watched the bills flip through the money counter. "Yeah but.. not even the guys you replaced were able to do it this fast. And there were three of them."