chapter 11 lessons part 4 potions lunch and history

In potions Draco and Blaise wondered where Sumire was, break time was over and she wasn't here the teacher was stuttering out what to do a knock came. "Co-come in!" she stuttered out, Fred and George opened the door "sorry this one got lost" Fred said motioning to Sumire, the professor said, "o-ok, tak-take a seat" she hurried and sat down at an open seat which was next to Draco. "Are you ok?" he asked he could see her red eyes from crying, she nodded "yeah I'm ok, Fred and George helped me we became friends" "that's good, but if you want to talk let us know" Blaise added. Sumire nodded "I will, so what have I missed?" she asked luckily it had been about 5 minutes. "Not much, nothing against the professor she just stutters too much and you can't catch what she's saying" Theo explained. "Yeah, I've just read the instructions in my book and will go from that" Blaise said, the others nodded Gryffindor's sat near the back in their own little group, luckily in this class harry and his friends were not there.

"This lesson is more peaceful no potter and his cronies to pick on anyone and annoy them, Draco felt his scar hurt "Draco are you ok?" Sumire asked noticing him touching his scar. "I don't know, when the teacher looks over at me my scar hurts" "maybe go see Madam Pomfrey" Theo suggested. "Maybe, if it's still hurting by the end of the day I will" the group nodded. Nevil and Theo's potion was about to boil over but luckily a Ravenclaw saw and quickly stopped it from happening, which they thanked them, unfortunately, a Gryffindor pair blew their potion up causing no harm. Except maybe a smoky face this caused everyone to laugh since it looked funny, after potions were over it was time for history of magic.

"Ok that teacher you cannot understand, her she stutters too much and it sounds fake" Blaise pointed out. "You're right I think for potions were best just doing what the book says, and helping each other I can ask my dad to send some potions work, he's a potions master," Sumire said "I think that's best, and thanks we can always pass the notes to others who want them," Draco said. Glad to actually get a proper lesson the older students took them to the great hall for lunch. "Can we sit with other houses?" a Slytherin asked the prefect said "sure, as long as they're ok with it I would avoid Gryffindor, they don't like us" they nodded the group invited Nevil to sit with them.

"What lesson are you looking forward to Nevil?" Sumire asked while getting some lunch "oh herbology" Nevil was a little embarrassed about that. "Really that ties in with potions since a lot of them are plant-based" the two started to talk "I think we lost her?" Theo said to Draco and Blaise. "Yeah, but they're happy, seems Sumire likes potions" "yeah well her father is a potions master, so she likely got her liking of it from her father" the boys nodded agreeing with Blaise. "What about you two? what lesson do you like or are looking forward to?" Draco asked filling his plate up "well I would say possibly potions, but with the teacher we have, I'm reconsidering it" Blaise said while eating some of his food. "For me, maybe a chance to make something magical or duelling, though that's from second or third year up," Theo said plating up some food. "What about you?" Blaise asked, Draco thought for a moment "flying, I couldn't do it much with living in the muggle world, in case we got spotted but when I could I loved it, but besides that, I would say potions but like Blaise said I'm reconsidering it because of the teacher, maybe we could get a good teacher next year" they nodded without knowing it They'd just jinxed themselves for next year.

After lunch was over an older student took them to history and left, they all went in and sat down. The teacher came out it was a young woman she said "hello everyone, I am your history of magic teacher I'm sure you heard from older students or family members about a ghost teaching, that is true but that's when you will cover the goblin war, whereas I'll cover everything else well everything magical" it was then another professor came out this time a man. "And I will cover everything muggle, you need to have an understanding of both sides I know, some might find one history easier than the other but you need to know all history of both worlds, how we see it and the headmaster what if you have to be in the muggle world and you get asked about the history you can't answer, plus won't hurt to know the answer to a pub quiz question or two"

This caused everyone to laugh the woman hit his arm and said "I apologize for my husband, but yes it can come in handy so you aren't suspected of not being a muggle, also you'll be surprised what you will learn from both worlds now today is just us getting to know each other better, and to let you know what we will learn this year also you have an option when you can pick what subjects to study in your 3rd year, to take just magical or muggle history" this made everyone talk to each other. "Now let's start off by doing the register, and as we do say here, we want to get to know you now my name is Aqua Evergreen, and this is my husband Sol Evergreen now you can call us professor Aqua or professor Sol, we know who you mean" the students nodded the register was called after a test was given out. "Professor why have we got a test?" Theo asked "well we need an idea of your knowledge level, now no asking anyone for help we want to see how we need to plan our lessons if you can't answer the question then don't," Sol said. Aqua nodded and said "now you have until class is over to finish, so no rush it now if you've answered it then let one of us know by raising your hand, well get it also if you're stuck on a question do the same and well explain it again this class has no magic at all" she smiled.

Everyone started on the questions answering what they can some had to have Aqua or Sol explain the question to them. For those who'd lived in the muggle world found the muggle history questions easier and vice versa for the wizarding world raised ones, Draco was a bit between his aunt and uncles told him some magical history and the muggle questions he got right because of his lessons, but he saw how some of the events in history where connected. He'd soon finished and talked to Sumire and Blaise some of the others did the same, and everyone soon handed all the tests in before the lesson was over "ok since we've got some time left before class is over, we will go over what you'll learn this year, which will include the history of where magic came from another thing will be the important inventions through history on both sides" Sol informed them. "As I'm sure some of you could tell certain events are connected for history of magic, we'll be also covering important historical figures such as merlin and how he helped king Arthur and such, and some other important figures and their contribution to both sides and history from around the world"

This interested everyone they couldn't wait to learn more about that, the bell went and they could leave "that class doesn't seem too bad right?" Blaise asked Sumire shook her head. "No, I wonder why a ghost as a teacher?" "Apparently according to my aunt, he died one day and then his ghost got up and just kept teaching, but he only teaches on the goblin war so they keep him teaching just that," Draco told them. "Oh yeah, my grandfather was taught by him, just how old is that ghost?" Blaise wondered "I have no idea, but he's got to be a few hundred if your grandfather was taught by him alive or dead?" "Oh dead, so he was dead long before he was a student here, bet he was dead when the headmaster was a student" this caused a lot to laugh at braises statement, they had one lesson left of the day which was etiquette.

Sol Evergreen

Sol Evergreen

Aqua Evergreen

Aqua Evergreen