Story 1: Martha's Job 2

So sorry guys, for not updating last week Friday. I was supper occupied with home chores and Sallah outings. For this, I will make it up to you by updating one bonus chapter, next week. I know this story might not be up to a chapter, but bare with me. I would try to round it up as soon as possible. As promised, I promised to update 12 different stories in this collection and I would. Just stick with me till the very end. Thanks for your support so far. Don't forget to vote on this update, comment and share with others. Stay tuned, see you on Friday.

Later that night, Martha changed into her night dress, sat in front of the wall mirror, lost in the thoughts of the professor. The decades of history hidden in her momory crowned her forehead with sweatbeads. She stared at the mirror, her reflection showed her younger self, miserable. Unquenchable eyes in thirst for vengeance.

"What are you thinking my love?" A hand grabbed her by the waist. With David's single touch, she shivered back into reality.

Staring at their reflection over the mirror.

"Are you alright?" He pulled closer, noticing her heavy breathe. "You look restless."

Martha sighed and pressed her lips in a faked smile. "I'm fine." Her low voice cracked in reply.

"Really?" David calmly pressed. His sharp eyes focused on her lips as he struck a thumb over her forehead, studying her.

Martha was simply quite, as if lost in thought.

"I am happy, out of everyone in the world, we were offered to work with Professor Peterson himself. Who would have imagined?"

"Yes, life works in mystery. Don't you want to work with him?"

"Of course, I want to. I need the experience and connection, but how long do we plan to work for him? You know what we planned." She pouted her lips, like a child.

"Yes, my love. I remember." David smiled. "To serve for a year before settling down, own our restaurant before getting married. But its a good thing. Since we work, we would be able to save." His thick brow waggled and Martha mouth twisted in laughter from watching him.

Then her smile gently faded. She just watched in silence, agreeing to the fact that, that was an open opportunity for the both of them to grow together.
At PCU, Martha had a bachelors degree in hospitality while Daniel studied business management.

A new day dawned. The cafe Terrance had the aspect of the morning twilight, because of the reflection of the early sunrays. The pavement outside, in the shade of a line of masquerade trees was cool. A few dried leaves fell from the droopy branches withheld on the pavement, stirred by the cool breeze.

Across the cross-roads, the young sun shimmered over an insurance company in form of a duplex suites and the giant signboard of Haven Palace, Panama St. White lacey curtains swayed through the opened glass-windows. Exposing the green carpeted wall that served as the interior decorations. Srepping in, Martha realized that the space cold. Her eyes caught the air conditions hung by the corners of the room. It was wide enough to occupy fifty guests.

With a brief gaze around, Martha and David turned to each other with a soft chuckle.

The place was un staffed, so she walked around a little. The customers had not yet arrived.

"Isn't it lovely?" David brought up.

Martha nodded in agreement, the tears of excitement welled up in her eyes, and  it hung by the corner of her eye. She quickly wiped it off with her little finger. 

"Wow, nice to have you here." A man in black suit walked towards them with a bow and a firm smile. "Good morning."

"Good morning, sir." Martha and David greeted respectively, knowing he must be working for the professor.