Chapter 1 : The Story Begins

"Xiao Zhan when will you return? Will you return after your home get ransacked, only to go back with empty handed? Why can't you understand the urgency here?"

Xiao Zhan yawned and looked at the watch.

7A.M.

His friend Zhuo Cheng had successfully ruined his weekend sleep.

Xiao Zhan was a graphic designer who worked at a company in B City. He was originally from C City, there he had a home where he was born and brought up. His childhood, his adolescence was also spent there. But later due to his work requirements he had to shift to a apartment in B City and since then his home in C City had been empty. He would visit it once in a year to check out the conditions, would stay there for 2-3 days and then again would leave to B City. Within those 2-3 days he would meet his childhood friends Zhuo Cheng, Xuan Lu, Yubin etc.

But there was also another one to whom he wanted to meet badly but unfortunately he couldn't.
He didn't have HIS contact information, neither do his friends had. He had called countless times the only phone number that he had of HIM from 10 years ago but every time he called a mechanical voice responded

"The number you've called is unavailable. Please check the number before you dial."

It was as if HE had vanished in thin air. He had tried a lot to find HIM but those were all in vain, he couldn't find HIM.

-----

10 years ago the day before Xiao Zhan left for B City HE came at his door.

With a pair of innocent eyes HE pleaded

"ZhanGe will you really leave me?"

Xiao Zhan's voice was cold as he yelled

"Yes I'll leave tomorrow. And you don't ever try to contact me. I don't want to see your face anymore. Just leave me alone."

He had shut the door right in front of HIS face.

That had all been 10 years ago but he still regretted it to this date. He didn't really mean it. He hated himself for doing that.

He wanted to see HIM again, wanted to be called ZhanGe by HIM again but he couldn't find HIM.

-----

Zhuo Cheng was still yelling from his phone "Hey! Get up! Collect yourself and try to listen what I'm going to say."

After getting a lot of a scolding and yelling finally Xiao Zhan understood the gist.
A group of thieves were lurking in the locality where Xiao Zhan's home was situated and they had robbed penniless several empty houses and as Xiao Zhan's home was also located in that remote area, moreover it was empty so it was risky to leave it alone right now.

At last Xiao Zhan was forced to stop him from yelling within phone

"Okay okay A-Cheng! I get it. I'll return as soon as possible to safeguard my house or I'll just bring all the valuables with me."

The next day Xiao Zhan applied for his leave and after getting approved he left for C City on the same day.

He had started late, it had already been noon. It would be night to reach his home at C City. He pressed on the accelerator. He must drive fast.