Chapter29 : Realisation

"Mr Xiao Zhan!"

Xiao Zhan looked up from his laptop "Mr Jiang, did you call me?"

Song Jiang gestured at the table, there was a covered dish on it.

"I've brought your dinner. You should eat before it gets cold."

Xiao Zhan was so mesmerized seeing Yibo a while ago that he had completely failed to notice that Song Jiang had brought food for him.

He felt embarrassed; he quickly get to the table and lifted up the lid. There were delicious food inside.

"What about you? Where's yours?" Xiao Zhan asked confused as there was only one person's worth of food.

"I've already had my dinner" Song Jiang replied smiling, "I had my dinner earlier than others as I'll be here with you, others will be dining later."

Just then the bell started to ring.

Song Jiang looked at the watch "Now others will be going to dine too."

"What about Yibo?" Xiao Zhan asked concerned.

Just then Yibo's milky pleading voice came from outside the door "ZhanGe, it's dinner time. Eat well, I'm going to eat my portion too. I'll be back soon."

Xiao Zhan smiled.
Why it's always like this?
It's as if Yibo can read his mind!

Xiao Zhan sat back at the table holding the spoon. He was dawdling with the food. He didn't have the appetite to eat, moreover his food might have been poisoned or drugged as the killer would definitely strike it's last blow at him tonight. He must be extremely cautious.

All these thoughts crossed his brain the moment he saw the food and from then on he was trying to dodge it.

He took a quick look at Song Jiang, he was staring at him.

Small beads of sweats formed on Xiao Zhan's forehead. He pretended to scoop the soup and gulp it down; he repeated this act several times as he kept watching Song Jiang through the corner of his eyes.

The moment he found Song Jiang looked away he poured the soup in the plant tub beside the table.

If someone wants to mix some drugs in food then soup is the easiest dish to mix with it and Xiao Zhan had already got rid of it successfully.

His heartbeat was rapid. He kept on dawdling with his food pretending to eat, but in reality he was just trying to get the opportunity to discard all of them and this way he discarded some of the food to here and there at some unnoticeable places..

When Xiao Zhan thought it to be enough he gave out a light burp and put down his spoon "Song Jiang, I'm full; the food was delicious, thank you."

Song Jiyang looked embarrassed, he smiled awkwardly "No need to thank me, it was just my duty to bring your food here. Moreover it's true that Wen Estate's foods are all classics."

"Mn" Nodding Xiao Zhan left the table and got back at his laptop.

Song Jiang slowly got to the table; he was constantly staring at the plate that Xiao Zhan had eaten from. His expressions were unreadable. Xiao Zhan was noticing the whole time through the corner of his eyes.

At last Song Jiang sighed "Mr Xiao Zhan, you ate too little. Now I can understand why Mr Wang always remain so worried about your eating."

Xiao Zhan squinted his eyes in confusion "How do you know about that?" He subconsciously blurted it out.

It's true that Yibo nags Xiao Zhan a lot to eat more but how an outsider like Song Jiang would know about it?

"Surprised? How do I know?" Song Jiang chuckled "It's very simple."