𝟷𝟺. 𝙰 𝙿𝚊𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚞𝚜

The time had finally come for the group to leave Grimmauld Place and head into the Ministry.

They were currently standing in the middle of the Ministry. Harry, Ron, and Hermione fully polyjuiced. Esme was right by Harry's side, under the cloak.

They were standing in front of a horrific statue that showed Muggles struggling under stone, about to be crushed to death.

"Telling you, I'm starting to freak out a bit." Ron muttered to his friends.

"How long will the batch of polyjuice last..?" Harry asked, looking a bit uncomfortable.

"No clue." Esme whispered from under the cloak. "Me and Granger didn't have much to make it last longer."

"Shit." Harry sighed.

Next thing they knew they were headed into an elevator. Ron was accosted by a ministry official, something about it raining in his office. Then the man began to threaten the safety of Cattermole's wife, on account of her blood status. Esme's blood began to boil.

The man left, the elevator closing. "Lousy son of a... that's not how you threaten someone!" Esme grumbled. "Wands and knives are more efficient."

The elevator began to move, each of them grabbing something to hold on to. "Oh my god. What am I gonna do? My wife's all alone downstairs!"

Esme quietly sniggered at the look that came upon Hermione's face.

"Ron, you don't have a wife."

"Oh, right. But how do I stop it raining?"

"Try Finite Incantatem." Hermione answered as the elevator came to a stop, Ron nervously stepping out.

The door closed behind him, leaving the poor Weasel alone. The rest made it to level one.

"I reckon we give ourselves one hour to find Umbridge. If we can't locate her, we go back and find Ron and come back another day. Deal?" He looked to the two girls, one invisible.

"Yes." Hermione said just as the door snapped open, revealing the horrid pink woman.

Esme covered her mouth, casting a wordless muffliato on herself to cover small laughs.

"Ah, Mafalda. Travers sent you did he? Good. We'll go straight down." Umbridge walked in, waiting. "Albert, aren't you getting out?"

Harry wordlessly walked out, Esme stayed behind with Hermione. Harry could take care of himself.

Hermione played the part well, mainly staying silent as Umbridge yapped on about blood purity. They'd made it down to the courtrooms where wizards and witches were tried about their blood status.

Esme stayed close to Hermione's side. They weren't exactly friends, but knowing Esme was there comforted her.

"Mary Elizabeth Cattermole, of 27 Chislehurst Gardens, Great Tolling, Evesham?" Umbridge spoke in her ever so high voice.

"Yes." Mary muttered.

"Mother to Maisie, Ellie, and Alfred? Wife to Reginald?"

Mary's head turned ever so slightly, seeing what she thought was her husband and Runcorn. "Reg?"

Harry pushed Ron forward, the two entering the courtroom.

"Thank you, Albert." Umbridge said. "Mary Elizabeth Cattermole. A wand was taken from you upon your arrival at The Ministry today, Mrs Cattermole, is this that wand?" She held up a wand.

Mary nodded shakily.

Esme stared down the necklace upon Umbridge's neck. "Think I can strangle her with it and then take it?" She invaded Harry's mind, causing him to glare in the direction she knew he was in.