𝟸𝟶. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚆𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙲𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚜

The group now banded at Shell Cottage took quite a few days to recover. Another moon was coming up and everyone was still healing.

Hermione hadn't spoken about her torture by Bellatrix. Esme tried to heal her without causing a scar, but because fate is a bitch it did scar. They all worked together to help Olivander, who had grown ill from his time in the dungeon.

As the moon got closer, Esme spent more time with Harry. They'd set up Hermione's tent outside of Shell Cottage, still within the protective wards, so they could at least have some kind of privacy. Everyone else stayed within the house.

Esme was far more protective, her wolf now fully recognizing Harry as her mate. The day before the moon, Ron had tried to come into the tent to bring them some leftover breakfast. Esme all but tackled him because he got to close. Harry had to pry his werewolf girlfriend (though they didnt speak labels aloud) off of his best mate to keep her from mauling the poor lad.

Ron didn't come to the tent anymore.

Just a few hours before the moon was to rise, Esme was shivering in bed, clutching onto Harry as if he were a teddy bear. He did his best to try and comfort her, but none of it really helped. They had no access to wolfsbane, almost all of the apothecary's being closed down because of attacks.

She nuzzled into his neck, breathing in his scent as her body trembled, the wolf itching beneath her skin. "Mmmm.." She mumbled against his skin.

Harry propped his chin on top of hers, holding her sweaty body close. "Hey.. Ess?" He whispered, knowing talking to loud would irritate her sensitive ears.

"Hmm?" She hummed.

"What do i smell like..? I know you say everyone has a distinct smell.. I'm just curious."

She took another long inhale over just pulse point, then pressing a small kiss to it. "Treacle tart, Broom polish, and Pumpkin juice. Little bit of chocolate too." She told him as she tried to shuffle closer, as if she wasn't already literally on top of him. She was in a daze, a Harry Potter induced daze.

"Really? Makes sense though."

"Mhmm.. My amortentia. Plus green apples." She admitted, still in a daze with no clue what she was saying.

Jealousy flooded Harry. He knew exactly who the green apples were for, and he hated it. But, he also knew who her true affections laid with. Him. Not Malfoy.

"Har?" She spoke quietly.

"Yes, love?"

"Would you still love me if i were a worm? Their weird." She asked, the daze completely taking over.

He chuckled, kissing her hair. "Yes i would."

"Weird beings. Muggle god probably made 'em. Cut em in half and they just regenerate. Fuckin weird." She grumbled, only making him laugh more.

"Some wizarding creatures are weirder. Ever seen a Murtlap?"

"Makes me think of Wormtail. Nifflers though, their cute. Me and Draco found a wild one once when we were like five. Brought it in the Manor, hid it in the bathtub for three weeks. Cissa and Lucius only noticed when Lucius' rings started going missing. Dunno what happened to the poor bugger." She picked up her head, looking up to Harry. "I want a niffler. Name him Niffy." Her eyes were half lidded, filled with the need for sleep.

He laughed again, kissing her forehead. "We'll get one. Move to Godrics Hollow. You can have as many animals as you want, love."

She sleepily smiled at him, laying her head back on his chest. "Fill a house with animals and little Potters."