14. Delinquent

Nicole's P.O.V

RING!!!!

And there goes the shower with everyone rushing out and people screaming... 'fire', 'get out', 'move move move it', 'everyone out'. We're all out and soaked up. Everyone was so jolly and I just couldn't get why they can all be happy  because of a fire situation, they should be worried and hopeful no one gets hurt.

"Hey! You're not happy?"

"Happy? Over fire?"

"Wait..." She looked closely at me. "You're new?"

"Yup!"

"Oh, I'm sorry didn't know, I'm Constance."

"Nicole."

"I'll call you Nikki."

"Well that's pretty much what people call me these days. What should I call you, Stacey, Nancey or...? You know because it can be a bit mouthful."

She giggles. "Well my best friends call me Connie I don't really like it but Stacey Nancey? It's not really my style, I also think Constance can be a bit mouthful. Like my parents coulda given me a better name thag when you shorten it it's beautiful and lovely, but all I got was Constance."

"But it's a lovely and rare name. I like it."

"And I like you, you're nice. You know, it's not a lot of people that like me because you know, I'm 'colored' like they called me."

I gave a disappointed 'Awn'.

"I love black so much because they have this one of a kind positive kinda vibe and energy."

"That's such a nice thing to say, but you know its not all."

"Yeah I know, not everyone can be energetic and fun..."

"Attention everybody!"

And everyone went silent like if you make a single sound you'll get shot on your head.

"Who set the fire alarm off?" That's actually the most stupid question to ask a bunch of teenagers 'who set the fire alarm of'. Who would be so modest to come clean?

"No one is ready to confess huh? I know this is mindless prank that has been going on since I introduced the monthly assessment. This is the last time this is gonna happen right under my nose because I'm going to introduce the installations of CCTV's. Go in now and pack your bags while the school gets cleaned and investigated." No one moved for a moment they all stood there like they heard such a bad news, but I on the other hand was just dumbfounded. "Now, go, move it." With murmurs and whispers everyone stepped in.

"Monthly Assessments?"

"Yeah! Principal Schneider was posted to this school few months ago, he's so nutty and thinks this school ain't capable of being among the top five best schools."

"That's so messed up."

"So he introduced monthly assessments three months ago, where we have tests and he'll assess our assignments and all and those that don't meet up to his satisfaction have to come in for Saturday detention and that's worse than regular detention."

"What's the difference?"

"You know regular detention is just to sit in class for like three hours and do nothing fun but Saturday detention, after the three hours of sitting and doing nothing we clean the school and make it spotless and the guys that gets the cafeteria are the ones with the worst luck because that's where so many gums are."

"Good Lord!"

"Like the second month of the assessments a couple of studs broke into the teachers' room and burnt all the questions and the best part was that they still don't know who did it. Month three fake gunshots and now this."