15. Male freaking Lucas Bitch

CONTINUED......

"I have the feeling that you where probably one so you know how to handle one." I murmured to myself

"Just shut up and follow me."

"Yes boss!"

"Feed him this and make sure he eats at least four slices."

Well this should be easy.

"Hey little kid are you hungry?" He didn't answer me.

"Here's one slice, it's bread everyone loves bread especially when it's white, soft and warm. Mmmmh... Trust me it's amazing. Here." I took the bread up to his mouth but he wouldn't gree. This went on for some minutes and I was getting impatient and when I had it I cracked.

"Look here kid is tiu don't int eat this, you can't take your meds and if you don't take your meds you become weaker and do you know what happens when you get weaker by the day?" She shaked his head nervously.

"You die!" I thought what I said was too harsh but he was eating anyways, six slices to be precise.

"You're mean, I don't like you." He said with teary eyes.

"You'll get used to it lad. Not everyone you meet in this life can be nice to you." I heard Ashely chuckle and when I saw the kid about to cry I felt a strong wave of guilt.

I love children so much but I hate making them cry especially when they don't deserve it.

"Hey kid I'm sorry, I'm just a little bit angry that's all, don't worry, I didn't mean any of those things at all. You're gonna get out of this place even before I do."

"What is your name?" He asks.

"Nikki!"

"Yo! You're at watf 59. He just got a bouquet of flowers, go change the ones in his room, but before that let some air in then make sure he's breathing is stable on the heart monitor, close the window them make sure his air conditioner is at twenty two degrees." I just stared at her blankly, what to do was unregistered to me.

"Kid you deaf?"

"No! That's supposed to be your job, I'm only here to assist not to do a nurse's job."

"My hands are full and you going to ward 59 would also be assisting me. I'll take care of these kids while you take care of the patient in ward 59 okay."

"Alright, I'll go take care of the patient in 59."

Stupid adults and their stupid controll. Ugh! Why can't I just strangle them one after the other the other and get away with it?"

54, 55, 57... 59.

Inside ward 59 laid a lifeless man probably in his late forties. I opened the window, then I opened the new bouquet of flowers and replaced it with the old ones. I lit the scented candles adjusted his bed checked the heart monitor closed the windows then saw to the A/C.

I saw the notice board at the foot of the bead and my heart fell into my stomach because his condition reminded me of one of my friends back at the Orphanage who never recoverd from coma. I felt guilty because I was the one always checking up on her, I had always just felt like my presence and warmth would make her feel better but unfortunately non worked and when I heard she was dead I was about to drop dead too.

I was devastated for a whole month because I had thought I hadn't given her all my warmth.

Seeing this man is like a second chance given to me to redeem myself. I got a bowl of warm water, cleaned his feet, arms and face, tucked him in.

After 30 minutes or so I was getting a bit bored and I didn't want to go downstairs either, so I just read him a novel I found on the side drawer.

I never fancied novels... Well... Because I actually read one. I just always thought they where meaningless, but it's worth a try and I've really got nothing to do.

" 'Lightning!' Oooh lighting!"  I smile to myself.

Sigh!! Now where do I start from?

"Okay chapter tbree..." Wierd huh! How ironic of me to start from chapter tbree.

"Her day began as it always did with Sam..." Oh my! I think I'm gonna take this book home