Chapter 2

Haru woke up slowly. The sun was streaming through the hotels window, bathing the entire room with an ethereal glow. When Haru turned over and looked to his right he seen an angel, his angel. Makoto was still asleep, rosy lips parted slightly and long dark lashes fanned against his cheeks as he breathed steadily, still asleep. Haru watched him for a moment more before Makoto, being uncannily in tune with Haru, woke up groggily. He was never and most likely will never be a morning person. Nevertheless Makoto smiled warmly at Haru, 'Good morning, Haru.'

'Morning.' Even with signing Haru was quick and efficient with his words. Makoto chuckled, his boyfriend was so cute in the morning. Haru's normally flawless hair was slightly tousled and his eyes were glazed with sleep. Haru was just as much of a morning person as Makoto. Makoto rolled over to check the time, the clock read 8, check out time was at noon, that gave them roughly two more hours of cuddle time. Makoto grabbed Haru's shoulder and yanked him down, which of course was done traditional Makoto style, gently. Haru grunted but turned on his side facing away from Makoto and shuffled backwards until his body connected with Makoto's. He wiggled as close as possible then grabbed Makoto's arm draping it across his body and closed his eyes, content with sleeping a little longer. Makoto tangled their legs together and then dipped his head to place a small kiss to the back of Haru's neck.

Haru was just falling asleep when he felt Makoto shift beside him. Haru grumbled and reached for Makoto as he slipped out of bed, pulling on his pants and t-shirt. Haru was going to ask Makoto where he was going until he felt a mass of weight land on him, almost dislodging him from the bed. From the fluffy blonde hair to the flurry of signing Haru knew that Nagisa had stormed their room. Nagisa was signing so fast and Haru was so tired he didn't even bother keeping up. Although he greatly appreciated how all his friends had improved their signing to the point where they hardly made mistakes anymore.

'We're very sorry Haruka-senpai, Makoto-senpai, please excuse Nagisa's rude behavior.'

Haru shrugged. 'We're used to it.' Nagisa giggled and rolled off the bed. Haru got out of bed and Nagisa's eyes very nearly popped out of his eye sockets.

'Haru-chan, why were you sleeping naked?' He gasped. 'Why is only one bed used? I know you're dating and all but really Mako-chan? I thought you were the type to wait for marriage before sex! Who knew Mako-chan was so sly and perverted!' He giggled. Haru rolled his eyes and proceeded to throw his jammers on before dressing for the day. Rei gaped, his face an impressive shade of red, before bowing and apologizing profusely.

'We are deeply sorry for interrupting you at such a deeply intimate and sacred moment. We will be leaving promptly.' Rei grabbed Nagisa by the wrist and unceremoniously pulled him from the room. Haru yawned and packed his suitcase, he also proceed to pack Makoto's for him as well seeing as Makoto was absolutely hopeless when it came to anything domestic and Haru had packed both suitcases before they left anyway. As Haru and Makoto headed to the lobby for check out they held hands and continued to hold hands almost the entire trip back to Iwatobi.

Haru was 19 when he moved into an apartment in Tokyo with Makoto.

'Haru, are you sure this is all you have?' Makoto gestured to the two medium sized cardboard boxes in front of his soon to be old house. Haru's parents had moved from the house six months prior due to their jobs demanding them to relocate, Haru was left to the care of the Tachibana's. His mother had laughed and asked the Tachibana's to take care of their new daughter in law. Haru was less than amused by this comparison. Makoto gently placed his large hand on Haru's shoulder, breaking him from his memories.

'Haru, are you alright?'

'I'm fine, just reminiscing.' Makoto smiled.

'Yeah, we'll be heading to a completely new home. Our home.' Haru's heart fluttered at these words. Many hours later Makoto and Haru had finally finished putting away all of the things that they had brought. This included a small loveseat, a few dishes and utensils and a queen sized matress. Just the matress, no box spring or frame, they were just poor college students after all. Both the Nanase's and Tachibana's had tried persuading them to let them help buy things for their home, while Haru could care less Makoto adamantly refused stating that 1) he wouldn't want to be a burden to them and 2) he wanted to be able to earn enough money to buy their own things and make their house a home. Both sets of parents were impressed with this adult-oriented attitude while Haru was extraordinarily proud of his love.