001

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

❞ I was a kid, but I wasn't

clueless

(someone who loves

you wouldn't do this)❞

★★★★

Having to survive in an apocalypse was definitely not what Emery Morgans wanted to have to endure when she got out of her mother's womb. But, she realized when she was raised into this world that it was either be killed or kill, at least that's what her father used to tell her. He made her learn how to fend for herself and how to survive. That might be the only thing she is grateful from that piece of shit.

She had a shitty childhood, but at this point in this world who doesn't. Her mom died from the fungal infection that destroyed the earth and her dad, well, he was the devil himself. A cruel man in a cruel world. She has been trying to run away from her past for so many years, wanting to forget everything that happened. So when she found herself in the Boston QZ with her aunt Tess, she thought she might actually have a chance of a new meaning.

She quickly realized that the life her aunt and her partner Joel Miller were living was not for her. She wanted to do something find a meaning, a purpose, survive. So, she got herself enrolled in the organization of the firefly. She hated Fedora, Emery thought it was a disgusting organization that used people to enrich themselves and be comfortable while everyone else who worked were slowly dying.

The fireflies didn't hesitate very long to take her with them, since she was able to use a gun and defend herself, a thing that many 13 y/o girls were not usually able to do. Plus, the young Morgans girl was very good at convincing others and would have found a way to get into the fireflies a way or the other.

Marlene, the leader of the fireflies, found herself liking the sarcastic girl. She liked her stubbornness and her determination over things she believed in. Even thought Emery would never shut up and always mess around, she was useful and would get things done at the same time as making Marlene laugh.

Little did she know, her quest of surviving would be proven to be more difficult than anticipated since a young immune girl would soon be captured by the fireflies and would bring chaos upon the teenager.

★★★★

Boston QZ, present time

" EMERY MORGANS GODDAMMIT COME BACK HERE" a voice fumed. The voice was followed by angry footsteps of a woman searching for someone in a hallway.