Far Apart *Ricky Olson* Valentines 2023

Ricky Valentine's 2023

This year was different, and not necessarily in a good way.

I mean sure, Elle was glad that Ricky was out on tour doing what he loved and he was happy about it too but it was the first valentines day they had spent apart in 3 years. Neither one of them was happy about that.

'I know.. But I still miss you' she texted him back as she got ready for work.

'I'll be home before you know it. And we'll celebrate then 🖤' it was the idea of the day that mattered right? Not the date itself.

She texted back a quick response before driving to work.

It was the same stuff, different day. Paperwork, emails, phone calls, meetings. Same old, same old.

"Hey Ell, somethings in the main office for you." Her manager had told her, walking by her desk as she typed up a report.

"For me?" She asked, stopping what she was doing. She shouldnt have had anything waiting on her. She hadnt sent for anything.

"You're the only Elle we have." Her manager laughed before heading back to the office.

I mean that was true.. But still. She hadnt asked for anything.

Confused as ever and curiosity getting the best of her, she took a break from her work and headed to the office.

"What is it?" She asked, looking around the office but not finding anything that belonged to her. Tanya- her manager- motioned to a vase of roses sat beside a red gift bag. Elle scrunched her face together in confusion.

"You sure? I didnt- I mean.. Rickys in Europe.. I shouldnt have anything." Her manager only shrugged, grabbing the small card out of the flowers and handing them to the girl.

'To: Elle

Sorry I couldn't be there, I hope these at least put a smile on that beautiful face. Love you lots baby ~ Ricky'

She held the card to her chest with a giant smile on her face.

After she had enjoyed the moment she grabbed the flowers and bag and headed back to her desk.

In the bag was her favorite candy and some other things that reminded Ricky of her.

She hadn't expected anything but she was beyond grateful for her man and his efforts.

That night after work they facetimed for as long as they could.

Even though they were far apart he still made her feel loved.