Renge Is The Most Creative Here!

A/N: Hello and welcome back. Now, you're probably wondering why this chapter is so early. That's because of a small mistake I made. You see, Non Non Biyori's anime follows a strange pattern. Instead of each episode going in order and the season picking up where it left off, it's different. Each season extends an actual seasonal semester. Each season takes place during the same year. I forgot about that and have been writing as if it were the usual anime. So now I'm back to fix my mistakes. I've been a while watching the show to come up with a definitive order. Here it is now. Thank you for your patience.

Waking up early, today's another school day. Y/n and Renge stretch before standing up. They make their way downstairs. Y/n prepares them tea. 

Y/n: Ichijou? How did she write it again?

While Y/n tries to decipher the Kanji in Hotaru's name, he pours the tea.

Y/n: I'm still trying to write my name in Kanji, so I shouldn't worry about someone else's.

After tea, they change their clothes and clean up.

Renge: "I think I got a tea leaf stuck in my teeth."

She tries to pick at it.

Y/n: "You should use a toothpick."

Renge: "Do you have one?"

Y/n: I forgot to restock. "No, but there's some in the cabinet."

Walking over to the cabinet in question, there is a glaring problem. It's too tall. Thinking quickly, Y/n grabs a stool. While he's not too tall, he's tall enough.

Renge: "Thank you."

After cleaning her teeth, she rushes over to get her backpack. Luckily Sensei prepared for this."

Sensei: "Good job on waking up early."

She helps Renge put on her backpack.

Sensei: "See you soon."

Renge: "Bye-bye!"

And thus begins their adventure. Y/n and Renge start their walk to school. Renge plays her recorder while Y/n plays his ocarina. While they aren't playing in perfect harmony, it doesn't matter. They enjoy playing their instruments while taking a brisk stroll to the bus stop.

Y/n: What else should I restock today? Toothpicks, fruit, pencils? Pencils... I'll have to make some after school.

Over in the distance a girl with brown hair waves over to them.

Konomi: "Morning, you two. You're here earlier than usual."

Renge: "Morning."

Y/n: "Good morning." We are, aren't we?

The bus arrives around the same time they do. As per usual, they choose to sit at the back.

Renge: "Konomi-nee, what's that?" 

Konomi: "It's a flute."

Renge: "Flute?"

Konomi: "It's a musical instrument. Like a recorder, but you hold it horizontally. Almost like Y/n-san's ocarina."

Renge: "Do you play it for one of your high school classes?"

Konomi: "No, I'm in the school concert band. We play all kinds of instruments there."

Renge: "I have music class today, but I don't do the "do" note right."

Konomi: "How about we all practice at my place, then?"

Renge: "Really?!"

Konomi: *She smiles* "Really. You can come too, Y/n-san. I've never played an ocarina like that before, but I have a good guess on how they should sound."