Headache remedy

"Mr. Carter, Zen has a very bad headache and was just sick in the toilet." Felix reported it to the teacher.

Mr. Carter looked at Zen as he entered the classroom – Zen definitely looked sick. He looked miserable and in pain, eyes slightly watering and his hand circling his stomach. 

"Ugh- I tried but couldn't throw up..." Zen said. Mr. Carter excused Zen to the sick bay, and his chauffeur came and drove him home within half an hour. 

Word travelled fast by lunch break that Zen had been sent home sick. "He won't pick up..." Ameree sighed worriedly, on her phone.

"Let him rest Ameree, he's probably sleeping", Ella said. "Yeah, probably just a headache, like Mitch said," added Cindy.

"I want to visit him after school but girls, I don't know the way to his house!" Ameree sighed.

"Uh, haven't you been there before?" Cindy asked.

"Anybody will lose their way through the winding roads, Cindy, he has a driver for a reason." Ameree replied, frowning.

"Whoa ok, hmm..." the girls went silent, thinking of how to handle the situation.

Cindy piqued up, "well, I wouldn't normally suggest this but" whispering, she discreetly pointed at Sarah, "isn't his sister in our class??"

"Good point! Yeah, she's quiet, mysterious, whatever. But you can ask her!" Ella exclaimed.

Ameree glanced slowly towards Sarah, apprehensive. Sarah was definitely an oddball. The coolest, most mysterious oddball. Okay, she's just super cool and mysterious. Don't be intimidated by her... Ameree thought.

She glanced sideways peeking at Sarah. She was seated further up the cafeteria, at first alone, with her home packed light spread of fruits, veggies, bread and some fascinating dipping sauces – which looked either Indian or Chinese, heaven knows what. She sat there, legs crossed, her long dark curls bouncing off her back – she looked picturesque like a model. And then shortly, a tall, dark-haired senior joined her at the table. Of course, Romano from Italy – he was cute, but elusive... very selective with who he hung with. Ooh he had packed a glamorous looking pizza for lunch. Romano and Sarah met eyes and instantly laughed about something, then began jabbering away in a foreign language, probably Italian, maybe a secret language whatever... She's so cool... And a freshman dating a senior!

"Amy!" Ella said, shaking Ameree from her reverie. "Oh yes Ells?" Ameree looked up to see her two friends grinning at her. "Do it. Ask her." They chimed.

Oh my gawd, Ameree thought. She was a nervous wreck just thinking about how to approach Sarah. But somewhere in the back of her mind, the nagging thought that Sarah might not be a mean-spirited person gave her some hope. After all, Sarah has never bullied anyone directly, she never seemed rude, only very, very selective with her circle.

It was the end of the day, the dismissal bell rang, and everyone was walking in the corridor packing in their lockers. Sarah was usually the last few to leave the school, so Ameree lingered at her locker acting busy. Ameree waved Ella and Cindy goodbye, and when almost everyone had left, Ameree took deep breaths and approached Sarah, who was standing at her locker. She seems in a good mood. "H-hi Sarah" Ameree forced a quick polite smile. "I-" Before she could continue, Sarah turned to face Ameree and smiled brightly. "Hi Ameree, nice to meet you. My brother talks about you a lot."

"Nice, n-nice to meet you too" Ameree smiled back, her heart racing like an F1 car. "About him- Zen, do you happen to know if he's okay? He isn't answering my calls or texts..."

"Oh, I'm not updated about his condition for now..." Sarah paused, "but there's one way to find out. Come over and see for yourself!" A warm and friendly smile – usually reserved for Romano, Zen, and a few others – spread across her face. Ameree felt instantly more relaxed. "Sure... thank you!"

The ride home with Sarah was nothing less than a beautiful experience with the classy and intriguing young lady. On the ride they talked about Sarah's hobbies – Japanese martial arts, boxing, fencing, her disdain for metal music, to Ameree's recount of her experiences growing up as a competitive dancer, the drama and tea within the school's dance company, and Zen's deep love for passionfruit and inter-class debate. Sarah was actually a great conversationalist, and Ameree became increasingly comfortable with her new friend.

When they reached the mansion, Sarah instructed her servant to guide Ameree to Zen's room, and they parted ways. The mansion was grand and enormous, and Ameree immediately lost count of the number of servants in it. They finally reached Zen's bedroom, and the servant tapped his door.

An inaudible groan came from inside the room. The servant announced, "Master Zen, your friend Ameree is here to visit you. Could she enter?" Another groan came "Come in!" And the servant opened the door, then left their presence.

"Ameree!" Zen grinned, "You came..." He sounded weak and exhausted, propped up on a pillow in bed.

"Your sister brought me here, I was so worried about you sweetie..." Ameree moaned. "How are you??"

"Oh she did, yeah I will be fine..." Zen inhaled deeply, closing his eyes, nestling his head on her lap. "Just a really bad headache. And this irritating nausea that comes and goes but won't go away." He mumbled, tired.

Ameree cradled Zen's head, and the two stayed on his couch for the next half hour.

Zen woke up abruptly, "Oh my gawd, Amy, I feel like throwing up." Ameree got up and helped Zen to the toilet.

He kneeled over the toilet, head in his hands. Ameree softly patted his back. It was like this for what seemed like eternity, without throwing up though the nausea kept lingering, and Zen resorted to camping with a pillow in the toilet. Exhausted from just kneeling, he fell asleep.

Ameree left the room worried, in search of someone to update Zen's condition about. Somewhere within the house, there was delicate music playing. She followed the sound and climbing downstairs, she saw Sarah in the living hall playing the cello.

Sarah stopped playing upon seeing Ameree. "Sorry to disturb, Sarah... it's your brother, he's fallen asleep passed out in the toilet." She filled Sarah with the details.

"He's nauseous but can't throw up? Just self-induce it then, use his fingers." Came her calm reply.

"Oh, what a good idea, I'll tell him about it, thanks! Oh and, the music is beautiful." Ameree quickly smiled and headed back up. Sarah smiled a little. 

"Zen, wake up!" Zen awoke startled. "How are you feeling, still sick?" Ameree implored. "Err, yeah. Not much better, baby." He mustered the strength to smile at her. What she said next made him stifle a laugh. "Your sister suggested pushing your fingers down your throat to make yourself throw up."

"Are you serious? That's what my sister said?" Zen found Sarah's advice outright funny. "Who does that?"

Ameree's mood changed from embarrassment to indignance and defensiveness to amusement alongside Zen.

"I don't know, I've never heard of it, though maybe I could give it a try." He chuckled, "At this point I would try anything to feel better."

"Yeah, maybe you will feel better" Ameree said brightly, giggling.

"Alright so I'd never done this before... babe will you help me while I try?" Zen grinned.

"Well I can cheer you on here...?" replied Ameree.

Zen looked at Ameree and a cheeky grin appeared. "Will you stick your fingers down my throat if I can't do it?"

"Oh my gawd Zen, I don't dare, it could hurt your throat!" Ameree exclaimed.

"Just joking" said Zen.

He took a few deep breaths and pushed his fingers down his throat over the toilet. He did a few light gags but did not pull his fingers out. He continued to slide them down his throat, determined. His body convulsed several times as his last meal exited his mouth. Within a few minutes, he emptied everything out. Ameree watched in amazement and intrigue.

"Oh hey" Zen breathed and panted. "That was a weird idea, but I'm feeling much better now."

"Oh wow babe" said Ameree, "headache?"

"All gone" replied Zen, flashing his killer charm smile.

The two embraced joyfully, kneeling on the toilet floor, and Ameree got up to prepare his toothbrush.