Poetess' Note

Scarred Pages: A collection of Poems

Hello, and thank you for being nice enough to stop by and for your precious time.

First off, I'd like to pay my thanks to you, who's reading this right now, who supported me in Versification, (or even if you're new, then thank you for being here), those who stuck with me throughout this journey, and giving me the inspiration to write more, and better than before. It means the world to me when you take your time to read whatever – good or bad – poems that I write. Thank you so, so much for this.

Scarred pages, was initially just a concept collection of poems, that I'd been thinking about writing for a while, and the Wattpad Versification contest was the catalyst for me to initiate it. My idea for this collection was to write a series of poems that would resonate with my future lover/soulmate, whoever it may be (or may not be anyone at all). This is why the aura of this collection is only targeted to presumptions about love, all the 'what could've beens' and whatnot. Some have happier themes, while some are very heartbreaking, but their happenstance all lies in the uncertainty of time. These are just stencil poems that may fit into one of what I could experience in my future life, and it may be for you as well. Therefore these are dedicated to my soulmate-to-be.

The name, scarred pages felt suitable for this concept, mainly because I had this metaphor in my head that, maybe the rest of the pages left in my love life anthology, may either be scarred, when writing for my love, or carved, each meaning a very heartbreaking love, or a very happy ending love, respectively. Therefore, I hope you could relate to these, since they're all love-themed and I believe almost everyone can relate to those (not the heartbreaking ones I hope).

If these poems find you through any way, be it a recommendation, Versification, on your homepage, or just binge reading poetry, I hope there was a reason why they did. And I hope they bring meaning and definition to your love in someway. <3

Thank you for being an inspiration, and my muse for my artwork. You can take these poems as a reflection of you on my canvas. <3

Yours truly,
Mishaal A.

30th April, 2023.