IX.

chapter nine.

"𝙨𝙖𝙮 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙞𝙣'𝙩 𝙩𝙧𝙮𝙣𝙖 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙩𝙤𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙄 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙢𝙮𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙩𝙤𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧

"𝙨𝙖𝙮 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙞𝙣'𝙩 𝙩𝙧𝙮𝙣𝙖 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙩𝙤𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙄 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙢𝙮𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙩𝙤𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧."

-Toosi, Circa 2022

6:30 AM

Khaleesi stirs in her sleep, soft knocking pecking at her ears. She groans—turning around towards the balcony, her sight already being blinded by sunlight before opening her eyes. She scrunches her eyebrows seeing Kamari on the other side of the window, Khaleesi hops out of bed and runs toward the doors. She couldn't lie, Leesi really didn't trust him after last night—it scared the living shit out of her.

Khaleesi believed that Kamari would deny what Ace had said about him but no, he did have a plan. That was crazy to her, her fingers holding onto the handle tightly—she hears his voice and looks toward her bed. "Who was that last night?"

"Leave me alone, Mari." Her groggily voice was low, she rubs the sleep out of her eyes and sighs out of frustration.

"Are you serious? Leesi, open this door." He bangs his hand against the window and she glances back at her door. "Fuck them! I wanna talk, right now." Khaleesi shuts her curtains and walks back over to her bed, flopping down on the comforter. Her body exhausted from the extra hours of sleep she got. "Leesi, I've been calling you all night."

Khaleesi had drifted off to sleep moments later, little snores slipping from her mouth as her mouth is parted slightly. She wakes up instantly when someone shakes her, Leesi shot up being faced with Kamari. A breeze flying past her, she looks at the balcony door seeing the hinges broken off. "Nigga-"

Kamari pulls her up and lifts Khaleesi over his shoulder, she gasps—punching her fists against his back. "Motherfucka, put me down!" She struggles to get out of his hold, she just wanted one peaceful day without niggas infiltrating her life. Especially ones that want to kill her. "Kali!" Her cry for help startles him as he puts her down quickly, his hand clasping over her mouth.

"What the hell are you doing?" His eyes dark brown, she looks away from him while tugging his hand off of her mouth. "Khaleesi."

"Get out." She hears her sisters voice then darts over to Kali, she grabs Khaleesi's arm moving her away from him. "She doesn't want you here." Kamari reaches for her once again—Kali switching out her knife, pressing it into his neck. "I hope you do."