Episode 1: A New Day (Part 1)

2010

At outside of Atlanta a police car is driving through freeway

A girl named Anne Boonchuy was handcuffed in her seat because she attack a Senate son and got arrested

Cop: Well, I reckoned you do it then, Anne

Anne: You know what they said about reckoning.

Cop: Ha.  I don't, but I reckon it's a lot like assumin'.

Cop: Y'know, I've driven a buncha fellas down to this prison. Lord knows how many. Usually is 'bout now I get the "I didn't do it."

Anne: Every time?

Cop: Every time.

She noticed a radio is on for some reason know what is going on

Radio: All Unit, Protest are clashing in uh... Near a city Hall backup is recommended!

Anne: Does any of them seem important to ya?

Cop: All of it, but that box never shuts up. Sit in this seat and pay too much attention and you'll drive yourself crazy.

She looks at rear mirror

Cop: I followed your case a little bit, you being a LA girl and all.

Anne: So you're from LA

Cop: Yep. Came up to Atlanta to be a city cop in the seventies. Always wanted to work a murder case, like that senatorial mess you got yourself mixed up in, with all due respect. A real shame, that is.

Anne looks out the window as another police car speeds past in the opposite direction with its sirens on.

Cop: Hell, the whole family used to be regulars at your folks' restaurant right in downtown. Still there?

Anne: Sure is.

Cop: Good.

Police Radio: Be advised of medical personnel on route to Hartsfield, various 10's and 20's coming in.

As he driving

Cop: I got a nephew up at UGA, you study there after you move?

Anne: Going into my 2nd year

Cop: You meet your boyfriend in Athens?

Anne: *sigh* I don't like to take about him

Cop: You wanna know how I see it?

Several more police cars pass by with their sirens on, along with a SWAT truck, all of them driving in the opposite direction.

Anne: Sure

The Cop opens his mouth, about to speak, but notices Anne glaring at him and stays silent for a few moments

Cop: Regardless, could be you just dating the wrong man.

Anne: *sigh*

Radio: Riot in progress. All officers available for incoming 217's. Rolling calls and dispatches to all locations.

A helicopter, two SWAT trucks, and several police cars pass by.

Policeman: I'm driving this man once, he was the worst one. He wouldn't stop going on about how he didn't do it. He was an older fella. Big, soft eyes behind a pair of smart folk glasses, and he's just wailing back there, says it wasn't him. Crying and snotting all over, right where you're sitting.

Radio: BACKUP WE NEED BACKU--

He immediately turn off the radio

Cop: Then before long he starts kicking the back of the seat, li--like a fussy baby on an airplane. And I tell him he's gotta stop, that's government property, and I'll be forced to zap him otherwise. So he stops, and having exhausted all his options, he starts crying out for his Mama. "Mama, it's all a big mistake! It wasn't me!"