Chapter five

I stood in the corner of the guys' locker room. I still haven't changed into my sports kit. I didn't like changing in front of all those guys – I was afraid they'll see my scars. Maybe it wouldn't make a difference. I was already labeled as ''the emo guy who cuts.'' Still, I didn't want to risk, so I waited until the locker room was empty.

Like I have already stated, I hated all kinds of sport. It was partially because I wasn't good at sports. I was rather slender, while all other guys were broad-shouldered and big. I couldn't run very fast for a very long time, or shoot a fucking ball very hard. I couldn't do many push-ups. I didn't know soccer rules. I preferred to keep my butt on the bench while everyone else chased the fucking ball, ran and jumped like retarded monkeys.

We had a male P.E. coach. He didn't particularly like me and it seemed he enjoyed in making me embarrass myself and having everyone laugh at me. He would often jokingly tell me to go to play in a girls team because of my long hair. That's why I would often ''forgot''  my sports kit or simply skipped P.E. But today, I hat to train because it would be to suspicious for me again not having my sports kit or not showing up.

After a warm-up, the girls were put into two teams. We guys watched as they played basketball. The coach never let girls play soccer, especially against boys. When asked why by someone, he replied that boys would always win. If you ask me, he was a sexist pig.

The team with Kara in it very soon began winning. She was really good and fast. It did help that the other team consisted of bunch of whiny girls who were afraid of breaking a nail. Kara's team eventually won. The coach congratulated them, but didn't reward them with good grades like he did when boys played and won.

But then it was time for us boys to play soccer. Two leaders had to choose players for their team. Of course, nobody wanted to pick me. In the end, one team had to pick me because I was the only one left. They got laughed at by everyone, including the coach. Though, when I glanced at Kara under my hair, I noticed her face was serious.

Throughout the rest of an hour, I got pushed on the floor so hard that I scraped my knee, only for the coach to tell me I wasn't doing my best; hit in the head with a ball by Scott and called a pussy.

After the game, while I was walking to the locker room, several people yelled at me: ''Andy, you played great!''

I flipped them off, causing them all to start dying from laughter.

By the time I was done changing, I was in a bad mood. I couldn't wait for the day to be over. While going to my locker, I was thinking how this day couldn't get any worse.

Well, it turned out it could.

Lindsay and Tina, arm under arm, approached me and Tina said to me: ''Hello, weirdo! I heard you played soccer very well.''

''You played so great that your team lost'', Lindsay added mockingly. They giggled and the few people who were in the hall laughed loudly.

I snapped.

In the next moment, my fist flew right into Lindsay's grinning face. She moaned and fell on her ass, while holding her nose. Tina's eyes grew wide in shock, her grin frozen. I got on my knees,  grabbed Lindsay's shirt with one hand and began punching her face rapidly. I was hoping the bitch would just die. All the anger that's been building in me since they started making my life miserable with their bullying was finally coming out. She was screaming and waving her hands. Tina was also screaming something, but I couldn't distinguish what. 

I didn't know how long I was punching her. Someone pulled me from her and pushed. I hit the lockers and fell. People gathered around Lindsay, who was lying on the floor and sniveling, blood dripping from her nose.