The colt

The Colt

(By: Thomas-shelbys-gurl)

*I do not give consent to steal my work, it is all my original Ideas and hard effort put into writing these. This is also my first Thomas Shelby fic so please don’t hate too hard. Requests are always welcome and feedback appreciated.*

Summary: Tommy starts acting weird after the reader gets a new horse. 

Warning: Fluff? 

Tommy had gone off to the races, eager to watch Monaghan boy win once again. He had so much faith in that horse.

Tommy had always loved horses, and before he went off to the war, had even dreamed of training them for a living. But plans didn’t go accordingly when he had gotten back. Turning cold after the war, and only focusing on work. 

However he still loved his horses, and so did his girlfriend, Y/n. She had brought her own horse to Birmingham after moving out from her parents house. Her horse was a sorrel, with two white socks on his hind legs. She had him forever and refused to do anything without him.

So when she was out riding one day and came face to face with the most feared man in Birmingham, it surprised her how soft he was with the gelding under him. 

When Tommy had come home from the races, and was holding a leadrope with a young horse probably only a few months old on the other end. Y/ns eyes had lit up. She had always wanted a foal, but never really had the time to.

“Tommy?” her voice questioned. A small smile played on her features as the small creature jumped and kicked around, flinging its head from side to side and headbutting Tommy every now and then. 

“‘Ello love.” He sighs tiredly. She reaches for the rope, Tommy willingly giving it up to her. She giggled as her hand ran over the velvety nose of the black colt. 

“Oh Tommy, he's gorgeous.” She peaked up at her boyfriend.

“Suppose he is eh.” He takes out a cigarette, lighting it up quickly.

“How much was he?” She asks out of curiosity, gaining a shrug in response.

“It doesn’t matter, seeing as this horse is a direct descendant of Man-O-War.” Tommy glanced around, blowing out a line of smoke. Her jaw dropped. Man-O-War was a legend. She eyes the foal, astonishment present on her face.

“Holy shit.” She says. Tommy took the lead back from her hands, guiding the horse to the stables. 

*A couple weeks later*

Y/n had fallen in love with that horse. She always made time for the others, but the little black colt who they had decided to name Trigger step, had been consuming a lot of her attention lately. 

She spent a lot of time with that little guy, whether it was running around with him in the yard, or sitting on the stable floors as the small horse rested his head in her lap.

She could often be found out there even after dark, just stroking the silky coat of the fine animal. 

“He is so adorable.” Yn walks in the front door. Taking off her boots and jacket. 

“Sure love.” He glares at the paper he was reading.

“What.” She plops down next to him. He ignores her continuing to look at the latest news. 

“Tommy what is it?” She questions worriedly.

“Nothing, why don’t you go back out with your horse.” He mumbles.

“Tommy, if you want to go out and do something with the little guy just tell me. I can hold down the house.” You put your hand on his. 

“No.” He says, concisely. 

“Do you wanna go do something?” She asks, trying to lighten the mood.

“Don’t you have plans with Trigger step?” He snaps under his breath. She takes a deep breath, irritated before realising what this is all about. A small smirk played on her features as she entwined her hands with his.

“Tommy Shelby, are you jealous?” She leans forward, her H/C hair dangling down covering the words. Tommy glances at her.

“No I’m not.” He says before getting up and throwing the paper aside, walking over to the window, taking out a cigarette.

Yn rolls her eyes, also getting up. She walks up behind Tommy wrapping her arms around his torso. And leaning her head against his shoulder. 

“Tommy, you know you are my one and only, right?” She goes up on her tiptoes to kiss the back of his neck.

“Eh.” He replies.

“”I love you.” 

“I love you too.”