MENTOR STYLE

What can you expect from me?  

I consider myself to be a strict but fun teacher. :-)

But let me do my best to give you an idea of how I work/who I am when I'm working.

you can expect me to be someone who checks in regularly. 

This might look like just asking how you are doing? Giving you encouragement with words and memes. etc. We are here to work on your project but I'd also like you to see me as resource for writing and as a potential friend. If we're working together it means I believe in you and your story. I'm actively rooting for your success and will do everything in my power to make that happen. 

I prefer structure despite my easygoing nature. 

If you're not a structured person, I'd expect you to be willing to have a soft schedule during the duration of the mentorship. This means if you have any holidays planned, time you'll be unable to work on the project, etc. It will need to be accounted for or if you get sick (just reach out and let me know). This is all so we make sure you get your all out of this experience. 

I give homework and set deadlines.

This could look something like me asking for you to give me an outline of your story at the very beginning of our time together and giving you a couple of days to do this. Or rewriting or adding in information to a previous chapter. What homework I give will be based on what I believe needs to be done and learned to make your project truly shine. (Hence, why knowing your availability and how much time/effort can be given is important to me). 

I prefer to do most of my contacting via discord/emails. 

Your welcome to reach out me at anytime, and I will respond within a day at the latest. If this is not something that can work for you we can discuss other arrangements. 

I use google docs for everything. 

Personally, I prefer tracking edits and such there. 

Honestly, I'm looking for someone who is willing to (if needed) make large changes and is willing to take suggestions objectively. Now, this doesn't mean you need to do everything I suggest. I love discussion and if you make a reasonable case against my suggestions I am more than happy to step back. It is after all, your story and I don't want it to become something you aren't happy or eager to write. 

I hope this gives you more understanding of what you could expect when working with me. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out. 

*PLEASE ONLY SUBMIT ONE FORM EVEN IF YOU APPLY TO MORE THAN ONE MENTOR!