21: The Heart Lives On

It was Christmas time at Decelis Academy. There were wreaths, trees that were decorated with ornaments, and fancy garland that stretched all the way outside the school.

There was even a lovely Christmas tree in the gymnasium, where the Decelis Christmas Party was held.

Athena was alone in the library that was also decorated with Christmas decorations. Heli couldn't seem to find her anywhere. He searched all over the school.

I must ask her for my hand in marriage, before I forget!

He then found Athena sitting in the library, putting the old novel of Refugia back in its original spot.

He then walked up to her. He came closer to her. He then wrapped his arms around her shoulders.

"You had to return it?" Heli asked.

Athena nodded.

"It has to be," she said, "But it's worth it as well."

Heli then stood face to face with Athena.

"Your father raised a beautiful daughter. And he was good to everyone...even to the Angels."

"Of course he did."

Athena couldn't help but grin from ear to ear. Heli pulled out a tiny wooden box and placed it in the palm of Athena's hand.

Athena knew what was inside the little parcel.

"Is this...?"

Heli then knelt down with Athena's other hand.

"Shall you be willing...to take my hand in marriage?" he asked.

Athena smiled.

"Oh, please, just drop the formalities, boy." Athena said, "Of course I'll marry you. You were just as good as my father. I've never felt loved so much in my life."

And then a tiny mistletoe sprinted out from behind in between the couple.

"A mistletoe!" Athena exclaimed, softly.

Heli smiled.

"Yes, it is!"

They then became closer to each other...and then...they kissed ever so passionately. But then, they broke apart.

"I had never felt one's lips like this before. Have I?"

"We have kissed before. Haven't we?"

"Yes, I suppose we have."

As their lips interlocked, the Crimson Heart suddenly began to glow. And then the spark burst out once again.

It watched the couple leave the library.

You have not completed the important mission!

However, it can still be achieved, as long you are with good friends that bring good tidings of great joy unto you.

You must go to the Crimson Girls for help, in order to break the curse.

Athena and Heli...you are Riverfield's final hope. You must abide by what you are told to do. Farewell and good luck.

TO BE CONTINUED...