2 years later...

A long time has passed since I became the caretaker of Etsuko. It was two years, to be exact. it certainly was a difficult experience since I also had to deal with my crow telling me to go do some missions. Thankfully, Aoi, along with the triplets, kept her busy enough so I could resume my duties as a demon slayer. Not only that, but I've also honed my swordsman skills some more. Heck, I could even keep up with the wind  hashira in a spar. He still kicked my ass though. After finishing a mission, I was heading back to the butterfly mansion when my Kasugai Crow came flying down from the sky.

Zen: The Flame Hashira, Kyojuro Rengoku, would like to have a word with you as soon as possible.

He spoke. I named my crow "Zen" because of how chill he usually is. Even though he constantly bothers me to get some sort of mission done, he always was fun to be around.

Y/N: Do you know where I can find him?

Zen: Yes. Follow me.

He said as he took off, flying in one direction. I quickly followed suit on the ground so as not to lose him. He led me to a secluded village and towards a house where Zen perched on top of a pillar. I walked up the gate and knocked three times, and awaited an answer. When the door opened, I saw Kyojuro's younger brother, Senjuro, He smiled at me, and I returned that smile.

Y/N: Good afternoon, Senjuro. Is Kyojuro here?

Senjuro: He's in the garden. Why?

Y/N: He sent a message for me to come and see him. May I come in?

He nodded and opened the door some more to let me in and then took me to where Kyojuro was. When I saw him, he was eating many things while saying, "UMAI!" He did say that a lot of times before as well.

Rengoku: UMAI!

Y/N: Hello Rengoku. You wished to speak with me?

Rengoku: There you are, Y/N! Please sit, and you don't need to be so formal with last names.

I nodded at him and sat down.

Y/N: So, how's your father doing?

His usual smile lessened a bit before returning to normal.

Kyojuro: He's still at his old drinking habits. But no matter what happens, I'll try and make him proud no matter the costs.

Y/N: Sorry if that was a little bit rude of me to ask.

Kyojuro: Don't be sorry for yourself. Y/N, you were merely curious, that's all. Now let's talk about you. We haven't gotten a chance to actually talk to one another after you came back from final selection. I must say that you aren't the young Y/N, I remember. You've certainly become a fine swordsman. And I'm sure your brother is very proud of you.

Y/N: I'm sure he is. Anyway, while I would love to stay and catch up more, I need to go and see Etsuko back at the Butterfly mansion.

Kyojuro: Of course. If there is ever a time when you would like to talk, then my doors are always open for you.

Y/N: Thank you, Kyojuro.

I went back to the front and said goodbye to Senjuro, and then I headed back to the Butterfly Estate. After I got back, I saw the triplets and Etsuko playing some games together. I also saw Aoi, one of the demon slayer rehabilitation members, and I went to talk to her.

Y/N: Hello Aoi, do you know where Shinobu is?

Aoi: Hi. And she is on top of the roof watching the sunset. Why?

Y/N: Just wanted to check up on her. She may not look like it, but she is angry and sad.

Aoi: If you say so.