Blackout the third #2

How do I feel?
-Uncomfortable, uneasy....
Where am I?
-No idea...
What happened?
-I... was kidnapped?

Slowly and with difficulty I tried to open my eyes. They were glued shut. I must have been 'asleep' for a long time.

Even after some time, I could not recognize anything. The room in which I found myself was immersed in complete darkness. Not a single source of light could be seen, let alone guessed. This made it impossible for me to see anything. If no light falls on the eye, even a cat cannot see.

A whiff of nervousness hit me. The darkness, I realized, was a rather minor problem. 

Both my wrists and ankles were tied with rope. Although I could have easily stood up and groped around with a little effort, my body didn't really cooperate.

I was hurting so much. My skin, my muscles, my bones. I could feel the pulling pain in every single tendon of my body. No. In every cell was the better term.

This pain felt incredibly familiar. When had I had it before?

The scales fell from my eyes. The first time I involuntarily drank strong alcohol, or when the antidote for Apoptoxin 4869 made me grow to my original size, it had been the same feeling.

It could only mean that I no longer had the body of my seven-year-old self, Conan Edogawa, but that of my normal 17-year-old self, Shinichi Kudo.

A cold shiver ran down my spine and the back of my head felt numb. As if on demand, my breathing accelerated against my will. I was not allowed to lose my composure now, even if my sprinting heart did not make it easy for me.

I remembered the biology lessons in our school. Our teacher had always had a very pronounced need to communicate. But sometimes his information was very instructive, even if one thought one would never use it. I never thought my chatty teacher could ever help me with his trivialities.

I have to calm down and breathe slower than usual. I need to take in oxygen through abdominal breathing. Briefly, I took in air and held it afterwards. I could already feel my heart slowing down a little by this point. And very slowly exhale now. I repeated this process until I no longer thought it necessary and my breathing had calmed down. The unpleasant throbbing in my ears could no longer be heard.

My eyes closed. There was no need to keep them open either way. I saw nothing in the first place. I'd rather list the facts presented.

I was kidnapped. Probably - I correct myself - definitely by the men in black. Since the 'transformation' takes a little time, they must have dosed me with the antidote immediately. Then I was brought here and was tied up afterwards. That was it. No further information, nothing at all.

I let out an exasperated sigh before I leaned defeated against the cold concrete wall behind me.

The pain should have made it impossible for me, but I was so tired that even the stinging in each of my cells didn't bother me anymore and I fell asleep. In the process, I didn't notice that something on my head was shifting.

-

A squeak startled me out of my dreamless sleep. Thanks to the concrete wall and the uncomfortable position in which I fell asleep, my back began to ache.

The abnormally bright light of the LED flashlight, which was pointed at me, caused me an additional headache, one I would have loved to do without.

Out of reflex, I wanted to raise my arm to shield my eyes from the brightness, but was reminded again by the resistance that I was tied up. I had to resort to squinting my eyes.

"Who's there?" The person said nothing. They just turned the light a little dimmer. Still, since it was shining right in my eyes, I couldn't make out anything. The silhouette of the man, who could clearly be guessed, was not at all the same as the one who had brought me here. This man was clearly more slender.

Two yards in front of me he stopped and took something out of his pocket. I couldn't make out what it was, but my suspicions were confirmed when the familiar cloth was pressed to my face and another pungent smell hit my nose. This time I didn't bother to resist. It didn't make any sense anyway.

"What were they thinking...?" I heard the man chuckle mockingly before I passed out for a repeated time.

-

I woke up. As if under a strong anesthetic, my head bobbed a bit before I could keep it completely straight.

This time something seemed different about me. I was no longer tied up and I could see, that the door from which the man came, was angled.