Paper Rings - Luke Hughes

799 words
I tried to do something with this😭😭 I personally don't think this is that good but I tried guys
Song used: Paper Rings by Taylor Swift
~~~

Cat and mouse for a month or two or three

"God I hate Luke Hughes, he chases me around all the time. Like I get it you like me or something but get over it, I've said no like a thousand times" I complained to my roommate. We were currently sitting in the Briarwood mall food court after shopping for a little while.

"Girl, he's literally so hot how do you say no?" She asked.

"First of all he's not hot and second he's so annoying, he has no personality whatsoever and thinks he can get whatever he wants because he plays hockey" I said, rolling my eyes.

Luke thought he was so funny and that every girl would like him because he played hockey, well not this girl. No way in hell would I ever go out with him.

"If that's what you think, I don't think you should turn around right now" she said. I knew Luke was probably walking around the mall with his friends, we had a day off today so a lot of the people at school were out and about.

I rolled my eyes, we were practically done anyway so I got my roommate, Bri, to quickly clean up so we could leave. She did thankfully and we practically ran out of the mall.

Now I wake up in the night and watch you breathe

A few months ago I swore up and down I hated Luke Hughes. But now I don't even know what we are. I'm laying in bed next to him, watching his chest rise and fall. I wanted to make sure this was real, I had to. When I finally said yes to him when he asked me out he was surprised. Our first date was ice  skating, obviously he's the one who picked it. But the dates after that were me and him choosing together.

"I can feel you staring," Luke whispered, his eyes still closed. He probably like just woke up.

"Sorry" I whispered back. He smiled a bit, opening his eyes slightly to look at me.

"You know, you're adorable" Luke said. I laughed and laid my head on his chest, cuddling into him more.

"Mhm" I said. I yawned slightly and we both fell asleep not long after.

I like shiny things, but I'd marry you with paper rings

A year later I was finishing my sophomore year at University of Michigan and getting ready to find a college in New Jersey to transfer to so I would be closer to Luke.

"Hey baby, I brought you some snacks," Luke said, wrapping his arms around my shoulders. I was sitting down at my desk in my dorm room, Luke had come to visit for the weekend.

"You're my savior," I joked, "thank you." He smiled and kissed my cheek handing me a medium sized bag of chips.

"Find a school yet?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Not yet but I'm sure I'll find something soon" I said. Luke kissed my temple and laid on my bed. Bri had a class right now so she was out leaving me and Luke alone.

"I love you so much" Luke said, I turned my head to face him.

"And I love you so much" I said back. He smiled.

"I know we're still really young but I think you're it for me" Luke said. My mouth opened in shock.

"And I know this is probably crazy but I want to promise that one day I'll marry you," Luke kept talking. I was so happy with him, I loved him so much I don't know why I didn't give him a chance earlier than I already did.

"Luke," I said, trying to find my words, "you're it for me too. I can't see myself with anyone else and no doubt I would promise to marry you one day too." Luke smiled.

"I know it's not much now because I like just made it, and I promise to get a better ring later but," he pulled a paper ring out of his jacket pocket, "I made this for you."

Luke knew, he just knew. I think maybe I made him listen to Paper Rings by Taylor swift a few too many times but I was happy he got the hint.

He handed me the ring and I put it on. I quickly got up and jumped on top of him.

"Thank you" I whispered in the crook of his neck. He laughed and held onto me. I sighed happily and decided to just lay with him.

"I promise I'll get a better promise ring later" he whispered.

"Anything from you is perfect, no matter what it is" I said. Luke smiled and we laid like that for a while.