Broken Promises - Mark Estapa

1553 words
I would've had this published earlier but you all probs read the fact that I was having a problem and then I had jr prom on Friday so I didn't even think about this until right now so🤷‍♀️. I'll probably write a pt 2 sometime soon but I have some requests want to get done before I do that so🤷‍♀️. Thanks for being patient with this one 😭🙏.
~~~

I was the only daughter of Ellen and Jim Hughes, I also happened to be Luke's twin. It was fun. Luke and I were really close, we told each other everything.

It was always like that too, Luke and I were two peas in a pod. But when I hooked up with Mark Estapa after a party one night  I knew I couldn't tell Luke. And I knew I couldn't tell Luke about the many times Mark and I hooked up after. It wasn't hard to hide until that summer when Luke decided to finally invite Mark to the lake house.

It was a boat day which sometimes could be fun, my parents stayed at the house so it was just my brothers, me, and a mix of our friends. Quinn and Jack mainly had the same friends so Alex Turcotte, Trevor Zegras, Cole Caufeild, Matt Boldy, etc etc. Luke mainly brought his closest buddies from school and I only ever brought one person to the lake house.

For the past few years it's been my friend Ophelia who just goes by Ellie. Her and I are really close and we have been since freshman year of high school.

Ellie and I were in matching bathing suits sitting at the front of the boat, I was sitting in between her legs and we were watching tik toks on my phone.

"Y/n! Can you please tell our brothers that I'm your favorite" Luke asked me. I looked up from my phone and shook my head.

"Luke, don't kid yourself" I said with a little mischievous giggle, "Quinnifer is obviously my favorite, he has the hottest friends." I made the mistake of looking over at Mark, who was giving me a look.

"Y/n what the-" Quinn started saying before I cut him off.

"I'm kidding, I can't choose favorites. I'm a very indecisive person." Luke gave me a look and I stuck out my tongue at him. I looked over at mark again and saw him typing on his phone, Ellie gasped as something so I looked at my phone and saw a text from Mark.

Mark🤭

Quinn has the hottest
friends? Not what you
were saying last night
🙌

Shut up

Aww someone's blushing

I hate you

No you don't

No I don't

I turned my phone off and noticed Ellie giving me a look.

"I'll tell you everything later" I mumbled for only her to hear. She nodded and we joined in on the conversation.

When we got back to the lake house Ellie and I went up to my room, since she had been coming here for so long she did have her own room, the bathroom connected her room to mine. But we normally hung out in my room because she felt like it I guess.

"So spill."

"Mark and I have hooked up."

"How many times!?"

"Not sure, I don't count them," I shrug.

"Oh so like it's a casual thing?"

"I wouldn't say casual but I guess." She gave me a look and giggled.