07

the one where nana dies twice

or

the one with the pancake panic

"MONICA!" OLLIE YELLED, storming into monica's apartment. with neither of the girls in sight, ollie dramatically knocked on monica's bedroom door. "monicaaaaaa~"

"what!?" monica grunted, clearly the racket ollie was making had woken her up and she was not all too thrilled about it.

"i need your help!" ollie whined, continuing her little taps on the door until monica dragged herself out of bed and opened the door to see ollie's stressed little face. 

"what is it, oll?" monica asked, with an ounce of concern mixed in with the grumpiness of being woken up. 

"jordan stayed over last night and my apartment is- well it's my apartment. it's basically empty and i have no food in the fridge and i've got to make a good impression or he's not going to want to stay with me and-"

"ollie breath." monica interrupted her. ollie stopped rambling and whined, bouncing up and down on her feet. "i have ingredients if you wanted to make him something."

"yeah- yeah. that's a good plan. disguise the fact i am currently broke by making him pancakes." ollie blurted and gave monica a panicked thumbs up.

"oh my god. dating really isn't your thing, is it?" monica laughed, beginning to hunt through her cupboards to gather some ingredients for her friend. 

"nope. not at all." ollie shook her head, still bouncing anxiously. "i love it but it makes so stressed and overthink everything i do. it doesn't help that he's a very successful and famous actor. what if he sees that i'm broke and gets put off because he's really rich? and what if it doesn't work out and then i still have to work with him? that's gonna be so awkward-"

"ollie." monica put a hand on your shoulder. "jordan likes you. and if he's put off by the lack of fancy furniture in your apartment then he's an ass and you should dump him."

"mhm. yeah." ollie nodded, trying to think rationally. "you got all the stuff?"

"yep. it's all here." monica gestured to the mound of ingredients she had stacked up on the table.

"ugh, you're incredible monica!" ollie pulled her in for a tight hug. "you're the best and i love you!" she gave monica a quick kiss on the cheek, before piling the ingredients into her arms and legging it out the door. 

ollie was so thankful when she opened the door to her apartment to find that jordan was still asleep. she sighed to herself and got to making the pancakes. 

·༓。*゚✩·゚☽*゚༓· 

ollie was still bouncing as she walked into central perk, except it was from giddiness rather than anxiety. she noticed chandler, phoebe, joey and rachel all sat together.

"yes, chandler. that's exactly what it is. it's your hair." rachel joked, before getting back to work.

"yeah, you have homosexual hair." ollie overheard phoebe say as she sat down next to chandler.

"what are you guys on about?" ollie laughed, questioning them.

"a lady at work tried to set me up on a date with a man." chandler grumbled. "apparently i have a 'quality' - whatever that means." 

"what? people think you're gay?" ollie asked. "hm. that's interesting."

"you don't think so, right?" he asked.

"never really thought about it." ollie replied, honestly. 

"but now you're thinking about it, aren't you?" chandler asked. "stop thinking about it!"

"sorry, sorry!" ollie laughed, teasingly. "no, chandler. i've never once thought you were gay... until now." chandler shot her a look so she raised her hands in surrender. "i'm kidding."

"really?"

"well considering the look on your face when i fell on top of you during the whole stair incident... no." ollie teased. 

"what look on my face?" chandler asked, now hyper-aware of his obvious attraction towards ollie - well to all except ollie.

"nothing, nothing." ollie patted his shoulder jokingly, before rachel sped over to ollie when she  noticed her.

"ollie!" rachel squealed, taking hold of her shoulders. "how did last night go with jordan? tell me everything!"

ollie tried to hide the smile that graced her lips when she heard his name. little did she know that the man sat beside her was also hiding something: the confusion and jealousy that nuzzled it's way into his chest.

"jordan?" chandler questioned, trying to appear nonchalant. 

"yeah - jordan reeves. my costar." ollie explained. "he kinda kissed me the night of the blackout." she admitted, suddenly all smiley and timid.

"please~ it was more than kissing that went on that night." rachel teased.

"oh shut up!" ollie hid her now flushed face in her hands. "he came round last night after our date and i made him breakfast in the morning. it was just... amazing really." 

"you are so smitten!" phoebe gushed, pleased for her friend. rachel joined in with the teasing the the three girls continued to talk about how gorgeous jordan was for another 5 minutes.

chandler, being sick of the girl talk, remained silent and zoned out of the conversation. jordan this, jordan that. he didn't care. he figured that if he just sipped his coffee and stared at the floor that his presence would be forgotten. however, his silence didn't go unnoticed as rachel and phoebe shared a knowing look. but of course, ollie being ollie, remained oblivious.

 ·༓。*゚✩·゚☽*゚༓·

AUTHOR'S NOTES

 i'm so sorry for the long wait (it's nearly been a year omg) but have a very short chapter. 

it's still unlikely that updates will be frequent as i have my a-level exams coming up in 2 weeks (i wanna cry) and then i start uni in september. i'm hoping over the summer i'll have more time and motivation to write but who knows.

i would appreciate if instead of asking about updates, that you would support my writing by voting and commenting. support is a much better motivator than complaints and demands. 

if you're still reading then thank you so much for your time.

and i hope this is enough for now <3