Chapter 1.1

The rattling of the entrance door stirred me up from my slumber. I looked at the glass dome, it was already morning.

I stretched myself before sitting up to take a peek at the door. The security guard was entering and was about to make a spot check. I need to get out of here or I'll be caught. Even if I were to tell him about my situation, I doubt he'll believe me.

I grabbed my phone and bag with me and standby behind the dragon statue. The door was opened wide enough. I observed the guard from afar, ready to sprint.

When he walked into the other room, I immediately dashed, hoping for my shoes to not shriek loud enough.

Once I exited, I took cover inside a hallway between the museum and a store. The guard's not coming out, thankfully. I then proceed to walk home.

•••

"Yeah, he's just got home. Thank you for telling." Dad was speaking on the phone as I stepped into the house. I'm assuming it was Mrs. Rosie.

The man in his 40s, with jet-black hair, and black eyes was standing in the living room while my sister, Madeline was watching tv. "How the hell did you get locked in?" Dad asked.

I shrugged, "I was using the restroom."

I recalled the black figure from the restroom, there's no way I tell that to Dad. He was giving me a look before shaking his head. "Well, it's good that you're okay. Mady was crying all night because of you."

I turned to my sister, she's not happy. A chuckle rolled out of me as I sat next to her. "Sorry, Mady."

She let out a huff before turning to hug me with her little arms. The 5-year-old girl had black hair like Dad but she had emerald eyes like Mom.

"How long was I gone for?" I questioned Dad, standing up to go upstairs.

"Your teacher said that when they went back, you weren't there," I remembered the schedule of the trip. We were supposed to go back at 2. Did I time travel or something? I went upstairs to my room to shower.

Drying my hair, I noticed something on the center of my chest. I slowly brought my hand to touch it. It felt like I had a tattoo. It was black and had wavy lines with spiky ends. The overall was shaped like a V.

I kept staring at it. Ever since I bumped into that strange guy in the restroom, I feel weird. The sudden time change, and now a tattoo? Suddenly, I saw my eyes flickered. That took me by surprise, I shifted closer to the mirror to get a better look.

In a split second, my face switched to black with white eyes before returning to normal. I jumped back, panting at what I just saw. What was that?

I quickly get out and put on some sweatpants and a shirt. I went back down to have breakfast. Dad was nowhere in sight, "Where's Dad?" I asked Mady, who was still watching the TV.

"He said that he has some problems at work." Mady shrugged. I walked into the kitchen to find some bacon, scrambled eggs, and bread toast. Unconsciously, my hand touched the center of my chest, where the tattoo was. I can't help but think back to the black figure.

Shaking my head, I took a seat and made a sandwich.

•••

After helping Mady with her homework, I lay down on the bed to go to sleep. I grabbed my phone and went to Google, 'What is a dragon?'

'The dragon is a mythical creature typically depicted as a large and powerful serpent or another reptile with magical or spiritual qualities.'

"Mythical..." I whispered under my breath. Some locals found a skeleton of it outside their contingent.

My fingers typed down 'Dragon's skeleton found.'

The results showed multiple news of a dragon's skeleton found in certain countries all around the world. Most of them were heads, the others were body parts.

"Whatever." I shoved my phone beside me.

•••

A view of a battlefield appeared in front of me. I was distraught by the sight as I stepped back. Arrows were scattered everywhere along with the strange body parts. A roar erupted in the sky, making me look up. Dragons, dragons were flying passed me. I noticed numerous wounds and cuts on its body.

The stinking smell of blood filled my nostrils. Suddenly, I saw a hand moving from afar. I quickly ran to it and saw a soldier laying. He was wearing medieval armor but it was penetrated by a big sword.

"Hey! Can you hear me?!" I questioned him frantically, looking everywhere for some hopeful help. The soldier who looked in his late 40s grabbed me hard by the shirt. He brought me down and whispered, "If it weren't for you alive, this wouldn't happen."

What?

As he released me, my hands started to sting badly. Groans and gasps escaped me as I watched the scene unfold before me.

My fingers turned darker and became bigger and longer by the second, the skin turned rougher. I could hardly hear my screams when the pain became worse.

It expanded to my arms, I stepped back when the soldier from earlier spoke, "Admit to it. You are a threat to us, you killed us."

A sorrow stabbed into my heart when I hear those words. I watched my hands as black and white mist was coming out of them. "I-I don't understand-."

I didn't finish my words when I looked up. Familiar bodies lay lifelessly in front of me. No, no, no, not them!

The sight of Dad and Madeline lifelessly staring at me from the ground. A big hole at the center of their chest with the same mist oozing out of it.

My scream rang through the room.

Suddenly, my eyes opened and my body sprung up. Dad with a worried face was holding my shoulders. I was panting so hard my lungs burnt. Sweat was dripping from my head. Then, my eyes immediately turned to my hands. They're the same as before.

I scanned around me to find that I was just dreaming. But it felt so real, like a memory or something.

"You good?" Dad asked, I just stared at him, still heaving from the nightmare. Thank God Madeline is not here.

"I don't know anymore." My voice came out breathy. Chills kept running through my body. "Drink some water."

I grabbed my water bottle from my nightstand and took big gulps. Smashing it down with anger, I got up from the bed. Dad followed after.

What the fuck with that dream? That was the scariest shit I've ever dreamt of.

I glanced at the clock, 6.00 a.m. "My head is aching so much." I groaned, exiting my bedroom.

"Have some Panadol, that'll cool it down," Dad stated before going to wake Madeline up.

I did as told. I stared at my hands, recalling back the nightmare spiked the ache more. Ah, I need to go to school. With that, I started to make breakfast.