Chapter 1.2

Three months later,

This is bad. I have had the same nightmare every night. My body is changing - my muscles have expanded over time and my vision has become better too, I don't need to wear my contacts anymore. But I was also sleep-deprived.

From time to time, my hand would release black mist and I would feel tired afterwards. It gradually worsens. My chest was in constant ache right beneath the weird tattoo.

Day and night, I didn't have the energy to do my daily pattern. Just like now, I can't fully focus on what the teacher was saying at the front. All because of this ache inside my body.

I feel nauseous. I held my breath in from time to time to soothe the ache. I also grabbed my water bottle and drank a few gulps. However, my efforts were in vain.

I clutched my shirt roughly, a faint grunt escaped my mouth from the terrible ache. When will this class end?

"Dude, are you okay?" my friend asked, I could only nod at him.

I glanced at my wristwatch, just a few minutes left. When the teacher dismissed the class, I quickly exited and walked my way to the bathroom.

I stumbled into a stall and slumped down, trying to calm myself down.

Suddenly, my hands released the black mist. But it was different, it was bigger than usual.

"What?" I looked at them in horror, clamping my hands to get rid of them. But it kept growing. Panting, I tried again and again but it did nothing. Soon enough, the mist engulfed my hands transforming them into...

No... No, no this can't be!

My hands transformed into that of a dragon's, just like in those nightmares. The pain soon flared in my hands. I held back my screams as tears formed in my eyes. In seconds, it became unbearable.

"STOP!!!" I shouted with all my might.

Panting, I slowly looked back at my hands. Which frightened me more.

They were back to normal.

I shook my head, "I need to get out of here." Standing up, I gathered myself and stepped out of the stall. I noticed a brunette boy looking at me. 'He must've heard me.'

I paced towards the door when suddenly the boy spoke out, "Nice to meet you, My Lord." A wide smile was visible on his face.

My eyes widen, "What? What's wrong with you?"

"Ah, I should have introduced myself, the name given is Daniel Woods. And I know what's wrong with you."

My face turned into confusion, what's with this guy? "No, you don't."

I shook my head in disbelief and pulled the doorknob. "I saw you at the museum."

I halted and looked at him again. "Especially of what you saw in the bathroom." His smile never fades.

I furrowed my eyebrows at him and scoffed, "Okay. Whatever this prank is, I'm not falling for it." I turned and exited as he spoke out again.

"You wouldn't last until midnight, My Lord."

Midnight? What am I, Cinderella?

•••

Okay, maybe I am.

I glanced at the clock beside my bed, 11:57 p.m.

Shit, why do I feel something's going to happen? Ever since I've met that person in the museum, these weird things kept happening.