10)

David Beckham as Tristan Black.
Thieves & Cuffs
xAngii

Jessica Carter

Another day in this living hell called prison, and another day of facing Tristan after what we did. I still hadn't told Jake what happened, but it's not like I needed to. He's not my boyfriend, we're both single... so we can do what we like.

What I did with Tristan was stupid, and I needed to forget it.

Starting from now.

I stayed away from the cells, and behind the red line that was in front of every cell. It was where all staff were supposed to stay behind for safety reasons, like a cellmate getting angry and grabbing onto you.

I was glad that I could avoid most of the prisoners, until lunch time. That's when most fights kick off.

It was mostly because leaders of a group member got hurt, and they go find the person who did it. My boss was aware of gangs in the prison, but couldn't do much until he had evidence.

Which is why we are doing a random search in inmates cells.

I hated the random ones, which is when the inmates don't know it's about to happen so they can't hide anything.

As guards started to get ready and went to their part of the prison, we kept quiet, making sure not to wake the prisoners.

I looked at my watch, 07:55

''CELL SEARCH!'' A voice yelled, and the cells opened automatically with a loud buzz.

''What the fuck!'' A angry voice yelled in surprise.

''Get up.'' I said politely. The man in the cell was young, he looked like he only just turned 18. Obviously not since this was an adult prison.

''Come on, cell search. Quickly before you get into trouble.'' I clapped my hands together.

''I want to sleep.'' The mixed race boy with tattoos down his arm cuddled his pillow closer to him.

''Do I need to put you into segregation?'' I placed my hands on my hips and the corner of my mouth tilted up once I saw the young man's eyes went wide open.

''Damn, I'm up.'' He jumped to his feet, and slipped on his t-shirt as he stood out, his hands behind his back whilst another guard watched him.

I looked around the room and went to the obvious. I got on my knees and bent my back and looked underneath the bed. I placed my finger tips at the top and trailed my fingers against the part that holds the mattress up.

Once I was sure that there was nothing hidden there. I picked up his bin, my nose wrinkled in disgust at the thought of searching through a bin.

I slipped on my white gloves, and placed the simple things on the ground. Luckily, he didn't have anything disgusting in here, just paper which I looked through.

Most of them were just drawings, but then one caught my eye.

There were pieces that were ripped apart from something, and I gathered them all together and placed them in my pocket.

I continued my search, until there was nothing else to search.

''Okay, you're done.'' I ripped the gloves off and placed into his bin.

''Finally. I don't see the point in these search's, man. You're going to find nothing in here.'' The man walked back into the cell as I placed his bin back to where it was. He sat down on his bed, and placed his hands behind his bed.