I

I open my café by turning on the lights, placing everything in its place, and preparing for the store to be open. When the clock hits 7:30 the employees begin arriving. Business is at its best when the employees of the surrounding companies start getting to work, It hits 8:00 and the store is now open. Customers start entering the shop and placing their orders. I help out when it's busy in the morning. I know today will be busy, so I'm helping at the register.

By the way, he walked in, I knew immediately it was him, and my heart stopped instantly, and I looked up from the cashier. There's something so beautiful about him. The fact that he rarely displays emotion can be irritating, but on the other hand, with his blank face, I'm able to enjoy his beauty more. He comes here almost every morning. He has an incredibly sharp jawline and perfectly brushed-back hair, and he always wears a slick suit. Suddenly, I faintly hear Mr. Lyon speak, "Aamariah." as I was caught up in my thoughts, "Excuse me... Aamariah?" I come back to reality and Embarrassment quickly washes over me as I respond, "Yes, sorry Mr. Lyon, what would you like to have." I said with embarrassment, "You know my order, black coffee with a croissant please" he said with a faint smirk
"Of course that'll be $7.50" I say with a small smile he handed me his card and I swiped and gave it back with his receipt. A couple of minutes later, I hand him his order, and he heads to the door to leave.

A few hours go by, and the morning rush is over, I call my assistant manager, Linda, "Hey I'm going to head out until closing time, just make sure everything is in order" I state "Okay yeah!" she replies "oh and call me or text me for anything" "okay I will, see you later" I head to the nearest bus stop which is about a 15-minute walk because I don't have a car I'm already struggling to keep my café and my apartment I don't want to add more bills that's why I have two jobs. I'm going to my apartment because I need to pack my bag for my other job and I need to buy a new outfit. I've worn the same outfit all week, and I'm not making as much money as I usually do.

I get home and I get greeted by the cutest Maine coon cat in the world Celestine, the first thing I do is feed her then get my gym duffle bag, grab my heels from my closet for tonight, and some other things I need like my gel, hairspray, hairbrush, hair ties, etc. I close the bag, say goodbye to Celestine then get a cab to the store. I need to hurry because I need to be at the café by 19:30, so I can close the store by 20:00 and right now it's 18:40. I quickly go into the store, buy the swimsuit and leave. I didn't have enough time to catch the bus, it was already 19:00, so I took another cab back to the café. Linda catches me up on things, we have a couple of customers still in line. I turn off the open sign and start cleaning up the area and putting the chairs up, so I can close on time. Some of my employees start to clock out "Bye Pedro" "Bye Sarah" "Bye Jacob"

After cleaning and everything, I close the shop. I would take another cab, but I need to save money, so I'm just going to take the bus. On my way to the bus stop, I see a black Mercedes and a tall silhouette getting into the car. I stay aware of my surroundings because the sun is going down, and it's getting dark. The car started to drive away, and I began to relax. A few moments later the same car pulls up beside me, I start to get worried because I've seen the news, the passenger window goes down, and I hear a familiar deep voice. I walk faster in a panic, breaking into a cold sweat then suddenly I hear the same familiar voice "Aamariah stop" and I knew it was him, Mr. Lyon. "Oh Mr. Lyon, my apologies, I didn't realize it was you," I say, bending down until I'm able to see through the passenger window. He replies "It's rather late, it won't be very gentleman of me to leave a lady out in the street all by herself at this hour," he says in a slightly sultry tone and I swear my knees almost went weak a little; I replied "no, thank you, I was just on my way home" he gives a knowing look as he rapidly tsks at me while slightly shaking his head then he looks at me straight in the eyes and says "Aamariah we both know I'm not leaving you here alone, do us both a favor and get in please" as he reaches for the door handle to open the door from the inside, I think about it for a second, it would be convenient, so I surrender and get in the car. He leans over as if he is going in for a kiss and for a moment I think what I have wanted for the longest is finally happening, but instead, he stares into my eyes, and in a cheery voice he says "Safety first" and the clicking of my seatbelt takes me out of my trance. I give a small chuckle and thank him, he looks at me and asks "Where to?" I reply with the address," Perfect, that's actually close to where I am heading," he states and starts driving.

After a silent twenty-minute drive, I can't take the silence anymore and try to spark up a conversation "So... any plans for the night?" he looks over at me and says "Not anything important, and you? Would you happen to have any plans for the night?" I chuckle, "Nope! Nothing out of the ordinary" I reply to his question, he then asks "What's out of the ordinary for you?" I reply "Accepting rides from men'' he laughs a little but reels it all back in and says "Well it isn't very ordinary for me to give women rides often." I ask in curiosity, "What makes me the exception?" I furrow my eyebrows waiting for a reply, he hesitates as if looking for the right answer "Because you're not ordinary" That takes me by surprise, and I'm about to reply, but I notice we pull up.

I start gathering my things and say my goodbyes but notice Mr. Lyon is no longer in the driver seat. For a moment I'm confused, but then the passenger door opens. I was startled a little and noticed Mr. Lyon is reaching his hand out for me, I take it, and he helps me out of the car. I politely thank him "Thank you, Mr. Lyon this ride was very kind of you" he replies "No need to thank me I was just being a gentleman, and you don't need to call me Mr. Lyon, you can address me as Antonio" he closes the car door, and we say our goodbyes as he makes his way to the driver seat "Thank you have a very good night Mr. Lyon" he tilts his head at me with a disappointed look before entering the car. I quickly notice my mistake, laugh and say "Sorry, have a good night Antonio" We exchange smiles and I watch him drive away.

I think about what just happened with a big smile, but then I got a little embarrassed with myself that I had to give him the address to the apartments near my second job because I was too embarrassed for him to know. I brushed it off and repeat his name in my head in whispers as I begin my walk to my night job. "Antonio... Antonio... Antonio"