Closets, PT2

Aviva's POV

I woke up with a pounding headache. I found it odd, considering I've gotten drunk before.

Then again, I usually go to bed early.

I turned to my side and saw my husband, still dozing. I tried to get up and he grabbed my waist. "No."

"Let me go." I couldn't stand when he acted like a child, begging me to stay. I pulled away, causing him to sit up.

"Where ya going?"

"Home."

"This is your home."

"The Tortuga." I glared at him. I started removing my makeup in the mirror. He came up behind me and hugged me.

"Why don't you finally give in and stay with me?"

"I already do enough coming over every few months."

"And we never do anything." He kissed the back of my neck.

"Because you're busy getting drunk and flirting with everyone to remember your wife."

"I don't flirt with everyone." He kissed my neck.

Normally, I'd be jelly in a man's arms with kisses like these. But I'm just not attracted to him. They're more uncomfortable.

He looked in the mirror at me and noticed a bruise on my neck.

"I burned myself." I frowned.

"You barely put on makeup, how am I supposed to believe you actually straightened your hair?"

"Because you love me?"

"Who the fuck did this? It wasn't me, now was it?" He glared.

"It doesn't matter."

My phone buzzed on the table. He picked it up and read it out loud.

"'Breakfast on me, I'll pick you up as soon as you're ready. ;)' Winky face?! From that insolent Kratt?!"

"He's a much better lover than you!"

"You're my wife!"

"I've never been your wife when you've got your dick up women, have I?"

"That doesn't fucking matter! Oh he'll learn." He growled. He dialed his number. "Call him!"

"Call him?!"

"Tell him to bring his ass over!"

"Okay okay!" I hung up and texted Chris to come over.

No later than twenty minutes, which were the worst, Chris knocked on the door. I watched as my husband walked over and opened the door. "Hello, Chris."

"Uhm, hi. I'm here to pick up Aviva? We have to get back to an invention we left halfway done."

I internally face palmed. Chris is a horrible liar.

"No."

"No?"

"No. Come in." He closed the door behind him. I sat nervously on the couch. "So. I understand you banged my wife last night."

"I would never sir!"

"Don't sir me!"

"Sorry."

"Don't sorry me either!"

Chris looked confused. I did too. We exchanged a confused glance.

"Normally I'd hire someone to beat you up at your worst, but, i decided to be a little nicer, considering Aviva's my precious wife." He gripped my arm roughly. I pulled away.