34• Women strength him have

Saturday, 27th.

I've never seen something so deviously prime. The one day I show up there's a birthday party going on in the yard. If not the street because any kid's party is mainly for the adults.

I haven't been to Whitehouse, Westmoreland for the past ten or eleven years, since I was like thirteen. It happened due to a bad experience and lies they all directed at me.

I believe I was in seventh grade at the time, came here for Christmas holidays and had to sleep with the rest of my cousins in one room, on one mattress. The problem being that someone is always peeing the bed and they say it's me, though we all woke up drenched in someone else bodily fluid. On the last night I stayed up packed my things, slept on the carpet. When we got up that morning it's by my aunty who was upset that I was on the floor. Then low and behold, they all realised that I'm in the same outfit yet they are the ones drenched. I left the very same day because they had me taking the big mattress out back and when the neighbors kids saw, they knew what happened. Why should I get called Piss Bed, when I wasn't the one doing it.

Then when they came to my house in Bickersteth, they had rooms for their own privacy and protective plastic on the beds. Not to mention a laundry room with a range of bed sets to change every night. Thous the name Béyu and not the old Kayra that I was once know as.

Getting off the phone with Zyair, I looked outside to see the crowd of people watching the Range Rover pulls up by the gate. I looked over at Ruth and sighted. "I'll be back to let you know what's going on."

She nods and I got my purse off the console, put my protective bracelet on with a little lipstick shaped taser attached to it. Opening the door and stepping out.

The cool winds mixed with the little salty air relaxed me a bit. It's a whole different feeling from the blasted heat in Kingston. I definitely worst miss it.

I closed the door and held my purse tightly underneath my arm. The gate was already opened when I walked in, ignoring every soul who just stared and it would make no sense to greet anyone when the music is so loud and I knew no one.

I passed where kids playing in front of the tables set up with birthday items. Dodging the little dirty hands and clothes, making my way up to the house.

Seated on the bottom varandah of the now two storey house was a crowd of older women. They all stared at me but one stood out, mommy's mother.

Shilpa Ahuja. Brown skinny full Indian, shorter than I am yet she was mighty to stand there when she realized who I was.

"Good afternoon." I greeted.

"Good afternoon dear..." They replied and I smiled at grandma who just looks at me with a little smile that she could muster.

"Grandma Shilpa." I waved and she gestured for me to come hug her which I did.

Shi still smell like cinnamon and pastries.

"My grandbaby, ohh!" She rocked me from side to side. "You look just like my Prianka when she was pregnant with you."

Laughing at the joke that I took that has, she pulled away and looked up at me as she held my face. This woman shook her head, an habit we all got from her and her Indian roots. "You look good grandma."

"I know and thank you." She smiled, then went ahead to introduce me to her church friends.

Grandma came from a Hindu background but rebelled to her parents and left there home in Negril to be with Grandpa here in Whitehouse. She's now an Seventh Day Adventist. Almost like how Mami left when Grandpa didn't want a man from all the way up in the German community of Seaford town to take his daughter away. It's a generation thing as I'm sure that daddy wouldn't want me leaving home to live with any man, now he has no control over me.