Chapter #2

Trigger warnings:

One single f-word at the very end.

Langa's POV:

I hesitantly left my apartment door and started to walk towards a small park near the bakery.

There were rarely any people there so it was the perfect place to go on a day off.

As I walked around the street, I started to realise how many couples there were in the neighbourhood. Everyone acting all lovey-dovey and kissing made me feel a bit sad, but life wasn't too bad... right?

I shook these thoughts from my head and sat down on one of the park benches. No one was currently in the park apart from me and a girl on another bench. There was also someone sitting next to her, but I couldn't tell who they were.

I started feeding some pigeons the bread from the bakery. Occasionally, my boss lets me take a mini-baguette home, so I usually use half of it for a sandwich, and the other half to feed to the pigeons.

Everything today was going quite well, but all that peacefulness was quickly interupted when I heard yelling coming from the other bench.

That girl was clearly fighting with the person next to her, but still I couldn't work out who it was. That is until she suddenly got up and stormed off. Only then did it become abundantly clear who it was.

Reki.

Not just Reki, but Reki looking insanely beautiful. His red hair was cute and puffy. He was wearing his yellow hoodie. He just looked... glamorous.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to admire him for that long, as he then hid his face in his hands and started to cry.

Seeing him so sad made me even sadder. I know I should keep my distance from him, but something made me think that it would be aright if I just sat next to him and comforted him, so I did just that.

I got off from the bench I was on and moved over to sit next to Reki.

He hadn't noticed I was next to him, so I felt like I should make him aware.

"H-hey... you alright?" I stuttered, finding it difficult to not refer to him by his name.

The moment I said that, he jolted up, "Langa??" He questioned, before looking and me, and assuming I wasn't who he thought I was.

"Sorry... you... sounded like someone I used to know. You're that guy from the bakery, right? What was your name again?"

I froze up.

I can't tell him my actual name or I'll be screwed, but I can't think of a good fake name.

I think Reki saw how much trouble I was having, so he told me not to worry about it, and that if I'm not comfortable sharing my name, I don't have to.

How sweet.

"So... how are you doing?" He asked me, clearly feeling awkward after having just cried.

"Y-yeah... I'm good..." I said, quietly, but audibly.

Eventually it got too awkward to withstand, so Reki told me he had to leave. I preferably wanted to spend more time with him, but if we became friends, he might see through my disguise. and I desperately didn't want that, so I decided we shouldn't be too close.

It's for the best.

I sighed to myself, as I began to get off the bench and walk back to my apartment- my lonely, run down apartment.

I sighed again.

Why couldn't I just have a normal life..? Why must my parents be dead and why is Reki not my boyfriend?

A tear slipped down my cheek. Then another... then another... then so many more, I just gave up trying to wipe them away and let them drip down my face.

After what felt like decades, I got to my apartment room and, as per usual, flopped down onto my mattress.

It wasn't too late in the day, so I couldn't go to sleep. I had nothing to do...

"Open up... NOW," I heard someone shout from behind my door, making me jolt.

"I know you're in there!"

It was Reki... I knew it was. And he was angry... he must've figured out who I was.

If I opened the door, he'd kill me. But if I ignored him, he'll still kill me, but more violently.

So I did what any rational human would do and jumped out the window. Well, not so much jumped, I just climbed down the fire escape, which actually proved to be more difficult than originally presumed.

I made it down to the ground though and immediately started walking away from my building. I would run, but after not skating for weeks, my legs have been... frail, to say the least.

Besides, he couldn't make it downstairs to where I was that quickly could he.

Yes. Yes he could.

I quickly saw him exit the apartment and start running after me. Before I could do anything, he had grabbed both of my arms and was leading me into an alleyway.

Well fuck.

A/N: :D