Chapter 3 ~ Step 1: denial

A/N: I tried to put appiti of a plepl ples but it wouldn't let me paste the link in the box so I'm putting it here (wattpad hates me) https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kf3Err9MvDg&pp=ygUcYXBwZXRpdGUgb2YgYSBwZW9wbGUgcGxlYXNlcg%3D%3D

Another perfect show, complements of your favorite star, Tsukasa Tenma!

The troupe had done amazingly, maybe even better than before. They seemed to be rapidly increasing in skill, Nene had been getting more comfortable with being onstage, Emu was finally remembering to stay in character, and Rui's robots were really improving! 

Huh.

His brain honed in on that name again.

It seemed to be happening a lot lately, it was probably just because they were such close friends!  And Rui's robots were getting especially realistic, to the point he could barely tell them apart from the real counterpart.

Huh.

He did it again.

He was sure it was nothing. So why did it feel so much like something? NO, he had to get those thoughts out of his mind... After all a star needs to remove all distractions in order to be successful! Right?

:) 

"Tsukasa, you dumbass" Nene muttered under her breath "You zoned out... again"

Ah, right. They were about to start off rehearsal. This is exactly what Tsukasa meant by "distractions". It simply would not do if the troupe's leader had his head in the clouds.

"You can dream about kissing your boyfriend after rehearsal" Nene groaned, snapping in front of Tsukasa's face to "wake him up"

"Wh- Wha- What are you insinuating?!" Tsukasa stammered

"You know perfectly well what I'm 'insinuating'." She made air quotes, smiling innocently "Oh look, here him and emu right now!" She waved Emu and Rui over to the stage

She couldn't mean that- that him and Rui- ?! No certainly not! The butterflies, the way he got flustered, the way he would back-read all of their texts, smiling like a maniac... all signs of a close friendship! And Tsukasa wouldn't hear anything else about it!

Tsukasa waved, taking a deep breath to calm his frenzied thoughts"Nene, Rui, Emu! I realized we haven't really done any new or original plays lately!" Tsukasa started, ignoring Nene's snickers "I say we have a competition! We each pitch an idea, and vote on who's is the best!"

"Ugh~" (a/n: hehe squiggly sus) Nene sighed. "Do we have toooooooooo?"

"AWWW, NENE COME ON, IT'LL BE FUN!" Peppa pig shouted (a/n: its like 3 am and i just consumed lethal amounts of caffeine let me have this)

"Fine" Nene groaned, flustered. It wasn't a secret she used to have a 'soft spot' for Emu

"YAYYY! THIS WILL BE SO WONDERHOY!" 

"Rui, why don't you start" Tsukasa managed to get out, blushing bright red.

"Oh, already? Well if you say so." He winked, smirking, and Tsukasa just about passed out. Luckily he didn't, but he was a mess. God why did Rui have to be so ho-

FRIENDLY- 

Thats the word he was looking for! Nothing else, nope, nada, zilch.

"We cooooould... Oh! We could do a stunt show!" Rui exclaimed.

Tsukasa was nodding violently 

"And... we could launch you out a cannon?" Rui said tentatively 

Tsukasa was nodding violently, staring at rui.

"And..." Rui said with the biggest grin on his face "We could stab you repeatedly with a sword until you bled out?"

Tsukasa was nodding violently, still staring at rui. Nene was doubled over laughing, practically in tears. Emu was also laughing, but she didn't know what was happening, just going with the flow.

"Hmm... curious." Rui said "I wonder... if I?" He slowly leaned towards Tsukasa, pausing right in front of his face.

Nene was absolutely cackling 

Rui closed the distance apprehensively. Tsukasa practically jumped before hesitating and melting into the kiss. They stayed like this for a couple of seconds before they realized what was happening and quickly jumped apart.

"I- I" Tsukasa stammered "I have to- to go to the bathroom" he quickly made up an excuse, running away, red in the face

Omg mid chap POV change

Rui touched his hand to his lips "Should I not have done that?" He asked Nene, unsure of himself

"Yes you dumbass, it was the only way he was ever going to realize how he felt. Now go and talk to him, before he runs." Nene said, rather bluntly 

Rui stood up, running to the park bathrooms

a/n: no you sick f**ks im not doing it

He ran to the stalls wondering what he should do. He decided denying any feelings was the best route, he needed things to be on track for the cafe (defo not me forgetting the name of the fic and planning this to be the confession scene) 

"Tsukasa... are you in there?" 

"Y- yes. Be out in a minute" Tsukasa splashed water on his face to clear his mind, then walked out, almost scared of what would come next. He had come to terms with the fact he liked Rui, but would his parents? If he was saki it would be 'fine' and they would accept him. But he wasn't Saki

"Rui I-"

"Just... stop talking for a moment. I need to tell you something, and I don't want to change my mind about telling you..." Rui half yelled half whispered

"Tsutsu, I love you" (A/N: I'll just change the name lol) "I always will, and I know you dont feel the same way but"-

Tsukasa slammed Rui into the wall "Oh don't start" he said blushing. "I love you too, now shut up and kiss me again (ong its 2:10 what am i doing with my life) 

Rui giggled, still not sure if Tsukasa was lying or not. He leaned down (tall bitch) and kissed 'his beloved tsutsu' again, for longer this time.

"So where does that leave us" Rui teased, looking... downwards.

"Horny fuck" Tsukasa mumbled

"You've wounded me fufu~. Lets go before the others assume worse." Rui sighed "though sometimes I wish the assumptions were true"

They walked back to the stage, fingers intertwined.

"AWWW! YOU GUYS ARE DATING NOW... THAT MEANS WE CANT DO OUR SUPER WONDERHOY PLANNNNNN?" Emu yelled

"Emu, could you please BE QUIET before my ears fall off" Nene snapped

Rui and Tsu took the distraction as a chance to sink into one final kiss.

"Ew, PDA" nene noted

1k words wowee (this fic will get juicy soon hehe)