five

toxic

britney spears

a guy like you should wear a warning

✩‧₊˚. ⋆˚ ༘

tw - this chapter contains smoking!

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚

"Your new homework," said Snape, flicking his wand at the blackboard; words explaining the work began to write themselves on it. "Attempt the Girding Potion and bring a vial of it into lesson for testing on Monday."

"I might need a vial of that myself after having to deal with Malfoy," I muttered to Hermione, and she smiled sympathetically.

The bell rang, and everyone started to pack up their cauldrons and books. I looked around, and saw that Malfoy was walking towards me. I gritted my teeth, bracing myself.

"Eve," he said coldly, "why don't we start tonight."
"Alright, fine." I said. "I'll see you in the library at seven."

Without giving him the chance to retort, I left the dungeon with my friends.

"Rain, I am so so sorry," said Mars as we walked to lunch, laughing.
"I thought Snape liked you," said Harry indignantly, "what's his deal?"
"Merlin only knows," I grumbled.

That evening, me and Mars joined the others in the gryffindor common room, where I started preparing ingredients for the Girding Potion.

"Aren't you meant to do that in pairs?" said Hermione, frowning.
"You really think Malfoy's going to be easy to work with?" I said wearily, as I measured 4 measures of doxy eggs, "It's better that I just do this part by myself."

Neville came over to where we were sitting by the crackling fire. "Hey guys," he said, and we all greeted him back.

"Harry, Ron, I was wondering if we could start tonight," said Neville anxiously.
"Yeah, why not," said Harry, sighing, "take a seat."

I looked at the clock; it was five to seven.
"Wish me luck," I said bleakly, collecting up my potions ingredients and putting them back into my bag.

"Good luck," said Ron, without much conviction.

The castle corridors were still buzzing with students going to and from dinner. The suits of armour lining the walls glinted in the light of the flickering, warm yellow lamps as I walked listlessly past them and to the library.

The library was buzzing with people, the majority of them O.W.L. and N.E.W.T. students. I wondered despairingly how long Snape was keeping us in pairs for.

'You and your partner will complete all classwork and homework assignments together for the foreseeable future, until the overall grade in this class becomes satisfactory, which I don't believe it will.'

Being honest, my odds didn't sound too good.

To my dismay, Malfoy was already there, measuring potions ingredients near the rain-splattered window.

"I've already done that," I snapped, "there's no need."
"You're early," he said, not taking his eyes off the doxy eggs he was measuring.

"I've already done that," I said again, taking the bottle measure of doxy eggs out of my bag and waving it at him.

"Is it really smart to be doing that in the library?" I said, sitting down reluctantly.
"Well then, why did you choose this as a meeting place?"

"We're researching today," I said, "how are you meant to attempt a potion you've never tried before?"