19. She's My Friend

<----««❃❃❃❃»»---->

<----««❃❃❃❃»»---->

Draft No. 3

Shehnaaz was feeling embarrassed to have suddenly appeared in front of everyone. She felt guilty that her actions tended to embarrass Sidharth in front of his staff members.

"I don't know what those people must be thinking about me," she mumbled to herself. In fact, Sidharth's staff was still watching both of them.

There were several questions in their eyes, especially about whether Shehnaaz and Sidharth had noticed their curiosity.

What happened to you guys? Let's get back to work, " Sidharth called out, just to distract their attention from Shehnaaz. Following his orders, everyone resumed the work.

Shehnaaz also turned around and headed towards her room. When Sidharth spotted her leaving, he called out to her, "Wait a minute, Shehnaaz."

Hearing him, Shehnaaz turned around in surprise and stood exactly where she was standing.

Shehnaaz , why don't you come and meet my office guys?" Sidharth stood up from the chair and asserted.

Shehnaaz was shocked to hear that.

"Why is he introducing me to his staff?" She wondered.

However, she took two steps forward and approached him. "This is Mr. Harish Kakkar , my accountant," Sidharth said, pointing to the man on the far left. He then pointed to the man sitting next to him and said, "He is Vineet , my manager, and these are Sakshi and Richa , my assistants. Meet her. This is Hina , my secretary."

Shehnaaz had greeted them all with a smile on her face. The staff members also wished her well in response. Now it was his turn to introduce Shehnaaz to everyone. Shehnaaz was thinking, "What will Sidharth say? How am I associated with him?"

Eventually, the moment had arrived when sidharth introduced Shehnaaz to all of them, "And... guys... meet Shehnaaz ... She is my friend."

Shehnaaz's heart stung a little on being addressed as his friend. Although Sidharth didn't say anything wrong, she still didn't like being referred to as a friend. She turned around and went to her room, and Sidharth resumed his work.

Shehnaaz had come back to her room and was walking back and forth, infuriated at Sidharth. Sidharth couldn't tell everyone that she was
his surrogate. And he had hired Shehnaaz to find a purpose in life. He couldn't tell the truth to everyone. And nobody in this world could name this weird relationship. In such a chaotic situation, how would Sidharth address her if not as a friend?" She was constantly convincing herself.

She had come up with the answers to all her questions. But the truth was that she was suffering in silence and her heart ached to realise that she was merely a friend to Sidharth and the world. Their relationship could not get the appropriate recognition that she thought it might have gotten. She was stuck in her thoughts when Grayson called her, " Shehnaaz , come on, let's eat."