Prologue

"Sarge!" He called me. I looked to see who it was.

"Y-you're alive?" I stuttered in shock. The man who was my responsibility.

"Ian man, come on! I know you don't trust these Americans any more than I do. Let's make a move now before they do anything."

I closed my eyes. Hoping this would end.

But it didn't.

I opened my eyes again. I was back in that moment. That night was one I'll never forget.

Something was different this time though.

After clearing the guards, we made our way towards the screams inside the building. Soon we made it to the top. I've ran through this scene time and time again, yet this time...

"Aliha." I whispered in shock.

"IAN!!!" She screamed as that bastard grabbed her by the hair, ripping her hijab off.

I charged at him, knife in hand.

But he pulled his gun. Trying to shoot me down.

I took the bullets.

Bullet 1. Chest plate.
Bullet 2. Shoulder.
Bullet 3. Right above chest.
Bullet 4. Lower left thigh.
Bullet 5. Right Knee.

Eddie tried to provide cover fire but another guard came from behind the door, fighting him.

I ran up until bullet 5. Luckily I was close enough to grab the lieutenant and slice his throat. He put another three bullets in my side at the same time. But Eddie had my back. He killed the other guard, then put a bullet in the lieutenant's head, who then leaned onto me as his soul left him.

I used this to drag his body and throw it out of the window. And then it hit me.

I dropped. Blood leaking out of my wounds and my mouth.

"IAN!!!" Aliha screamed and ran over to my side.

I noticed something. A ring, one with diamonds encrusted into it.

"No no no, please stay with me! Listen to me Ian, you are my husband! I love you and I always will! I am your wife, Aliha, don't leave me!" She shouted slapping my face to keep me awake.

My wife?

No, surely not. Is it? Is she my wife?

"Ian Mohammad Smith do you not hear me??? Wake up!!!" She shouted this time, tears rolling down her face. "Please I- I can't do this anymore. I need you. Allah sent you to me for a reason and this was it."

My vision was getting blurry and mind foggy about the details.

"Aliha..." I strained to speak that name, as my body gave out.

——————
*gasp*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Assalamu alaikum everyone!

It is by the will of Allah I am publishing the first chapters of this book. Alhamdulillah, my mind was buzzing with ideas from my first book, 'Love after Loss'. I can't wait to see how this one goes.

That being said, please make sure if you haven't already that you read 'Love after Loss' as not only will it help understand this book, but it's a good read anyway!

With that being said, let's begin. Bismillah!