Gunshots

I ripped open my car door and threw myself in.
I wanted out.
I was done.
I never would ever fit in at school and I was sick of it.
I attempted to start the engine, only to have it stall.
"You've got to be kidding me!" I shouted in frustration, slamming my palms against the old leather steering wheel.
I ran my hands down my face as I took a shaky breath.
I leaned over and grabbed my book bag with the passenger seat and pushed the creaky door back open.
The laughs it earned only angered me more.
I had to get out of there.
I fumbled for my phone and ripped it out of my bag, my fingers clumsily dialing a familiar number.
"Dad?" I asked once he answered.
"Ally? Is everything ok?" He asked and glared over at my car and the students who had laughed at me only seconds before.
"My car won't start." I frowned as I continued walking to the back of the lot.
No one would be back there and by the time I walked back the lot would be empty. Friday were a blessing.
"Are you still at the school? Can you walk home?" He asked and I couldn't hold back the sigh.
He was always busy with work. Always.
"If I have to," I groaned, trying to guilt him into picking me up.
"Great!" He cheered over the line as I felt my heart sink. "I'll-"
He was cut off by the sound of a gun shot.
Then the line went dead.
The kept the phone to my ear for a few more seconds before I let my arms fall and hang limply by my side.
I knew that sound.
It was the sound of a gun.
It was the sound of death.
I frantically looked around me, tears stinging my eyes.
There was no one in the parking lot, no one left at the school. It was Friday, everyone had booked it out that prison as soon as the bell rang.
My mind was racing. My dad worked for Biotech Corporation, a lab that works on medicinal advancements.
Why would someone need fire a gun?
I gasped for air as I ran a hand through my hair.
I needed to get to Biotech, I needed to get to my father.
Panicking, I dial the number again, hoping it might have been a false alarm. Maybe someone dropped a tray and my dad lost service... Or maybe there was a door that was shut really loudly and dad jumped and accidentally hung up...
Ringggg,
"Come on Dad,"
Ringggg,
"Pick up the phone,"
Ringggg,
"Come. On. Dad."
You've reach Dr. Richard Whitman, I can't get to the phone right now. Leave a message at the tone,
I couldn't breath anymore.
I couldn't think.
I just ran.