i

₊˚ ִֶָ ʚ THE AVATAR STATE ! ˖̥ ₉

LIAN WOKE WITH A SCREAM, her eyes trembling as she looked around her surroundings. Katara was by the girl's side, rubbing her back in a comforting manner.

"Lian, you're finally awake." Lian slowed her breathing before Katara threw her arms around the girl's neck.

"How long has it been?"

"A week. I was so scared."

"I'm sorry." Lian returned the embrace, leaning her head down onto Katara's neck.

"It's not your fault." Katara pulled away from her. "Do you want to rest more?"

"I've rested enough." She teases with a smile. "I thought we had left already when I woke up."

"We decided to wait, we didn't want to leave without you saying goodbye to everyone." Lian was thankful for her friends. She sighed heavily before standing up– and promptly falling back down.

"Are you okay?!" Katara rushed back to her side. "Can you rest for a bit longer?"

"I'm really alright." Her words fell silent to Katara's ears and she placed a hand on the older girl's cheek.

"I'll tell Noaka and your other friend.."

"Asiye."

"Right, Asiye. I'll tell them to visit you. So please, rest." She placed the cover of the sleeping bag further up on Lian's body.

"Can you stay for a bit longer?" Lian asked softly.

"Of course. I'll tell Sokka to get your friends." Lian shut her eyes, scrunching her body up under the warm covers. She felt Katara's comforting touch on her hair before she fell back asleep.

A few days passed, and Lian had finally gotten the chance to officially bid her friends goodbye. Asiye wished her well on her journey, as did Noaka who was a bit reluctant to let her go. She thanked them for everything. Lian had so much to be grateful for from her time at the Northern Water tribe.