Unlucky encounter ?

>:(
___________

I sat alone at a table in front of one of the many restaurants lined up on the corners of the small town, Looking at my watch while holding the small tea cup up to my lips, lost in my thoughts still thinking about the interaction from earlier.
|Flashback!|
"Once you reach that corner don't turn back for any reason okay??"

"yeah yeah yeah I got it.."

"Wait!"

"What could it possibly be now?"

"Don't be mean! I helped you after all! The least you can do is listen to me!"

"Jeez Fine..what is it?"

"There were two people about three days ago that had these powers called Stands.."

"What that gotta do with me?"

"I think that may be the reason your involved in this!"

"But I don't have a so called stand"

"I guess it's just a theory then..."

—————-

(Hmm..Stands..If I had a stand what would it look like?)the tea cup stayed at the edge of my lip(well she was a ghost or whatever so really anything is possible..)I managed to snap out of my trance and get back to my sketch of the girl from the ghost alley from before waiting until Emporio got off of school

>>
"How was School?"I said not taking my eyes off the road for obvious reasons as Emporio shuffled around in the passenger seat next to me"it was good"He said as I saw him fiddle with his baseball"that's great to hear ..and I'm sorry for forcing you to go and stuff I know you've been through a lot"

"It's okay I know you just want the best for me"he said as we stopped at a red light"good now put that away I don't want you playing with that in the car"I Said sternly As he stopped tossing the ball around and putting it under his hat frowning slightly.

"You know I'm just kidding buddy"I pat his shoulder chuckling slightly as the light turns green, Turning  the corner I see This teenager wearing a High-school uniform with some kind of pompadour? Running across the street almost causing me to crash if it weren't for my somewhat good driving skills.

"Shit!"I cursed, foot hovering over the brake as we quickly drove past I turned my head seeing the teenager turn the corner still running"Damn high schoolers.."I Focused my attention back on the road before seeing out of my peripheral vision a terrified Emporio who was clutching his Seatbelt and panting heavily"Now What's wrong with you?"

____________
Time-skip to the next day-

I Sighed boringly Scanning the many sandwich's and Breads The customers picked out. Until I saw the man from two days ago He wore a Purple Suit and His hair was slicked-back except for two short strands hanging down. He observed each item carefully before his eyes landed on Our Famous Sandwiches. If only there were any left during my lunch break..

The man walks up to the counter setting his tray with the sandwich on it down , I smile and hand him his receipt after he pays for his sandwich."Have a nice day sir!"I say with a smile. He stares at my hand while I stand there awkwardly waiting for him to take his receipt which he does after A few minutes but not without glancing at me before he left.

I stand there, dumbfounded before my coworker pats me on the back, I look at the clock seeing it's my lunch break I let out a sigh of relief and take off my apron and walk out going behind the building to the Vending machine and taking a handful of quarters out my pocket. I scan the contents of the vending machine before deciding on some chips and an green tea but before I can put the quarter in a bird swoops down near me, picking up a rodent before flying off.

I Am once again baffled but recover and go to put a quarter in the machine only to see them scattered on the concrete below my feet"Dammit.."I mumbled before bending down to pick them up one by one, eventually I reach for the last one and I see a small creature take it and run away"what the hell!?"I yelled loudly in confusion